RANT: British Discriminatory Culture

HaVoC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I'm saying in simple word/diagram form for you to grasp easily...

SATIRE OF COUNTRY 1 -----produced by-----> COUNTRY 1 ===== OK

SATIRE OF COUNTRY 2 -----produced by-----> COUNTRY 2 ===== OK

SATIRE OF COUNTRY 1 -----produced by-----> COUNTRY 2 ===== WRONG

SATIRE OF COUNTRY 2 -----produced by-----> COUNTRY 1 ===== WRONG

What I'm saying in simple word/diagram form for you to grasp easily...

SATIRE OF COUNTRY 1 -----produced by-----> COUNTRY 1 ===== OK

SATIRE OF COUNTRY 2 -----produced by-----> COUNTRY 2 ===== OK

SATIRE OF COUNTRY 1 -----produced by-----> COUNTRY 2 ===== WRONG

SATIRE OF COUNTRY 2 -----produced by-----> COUNTRY 1 ===== WRONG

That is just silly, it is always going to happen and there is nothing wrong with it. Wrong would be when one country denounces the other and states something along the lines of "we are much better than you, neh neh neh".

Plus dead ringers, etc, take the mickey of Country 1 and 2, say, in the same episode and even then, they're actually taking the rip out of SPECIFIC PEOPLE from Country one and two, if you take it that this is an attack on their country, your a bit weird, and these people open themselves to these attacks by their actions.

SATIRE OF FRANCE -----produced by-----> ANYONE ===== FINE ;)

France is the satire of france. :)

I mean honestly, they're students were out with placards for their general elections asking people to vote for the crook, as the alternative was somewhat, erm, right wing.

*puts head in hands (no rude puns please...yes, you at the back...)*

I give up. Debate amongst yourselves, I'm not going to get anywhere here but back where I started.

So you can't accept someone elses point of view? Fair enough.

Just admit it, your wrong.

Yes, I can, I'm just saying that you'll never accept my view...because you can't understand it...

How ironic... :rolleyes:

Hehehe...

Anyway, your view is that it is "wrong" for our country and media to "attack" in your view, other countries and they're heads of state and/or prominent persons.

My view is that it isn't wrong, they aren't specifically "attacking" the country but merely exagerating the defects/actions/mistakes of these persons for the enjoyment of others. This is perfectly acceptable because these people are in positions of great responsibity and if they cannot get it right someone should call them on it, of course they don't care what a british comedy show thinks but they do care about their own polls, news shows and other such things which directly influence their lives.

How ironic? Anywho...

I can defend it all I like, there's plenty left, but in the end we'll all just end up going round and round in circles, so what's the point?

Plus now it's come down to personal insults and name-calling, why isn't this thread just locked...?

Oh yeah, Gretik, on the subject of 'ask some Americans...', I've been to America enough times (once a year for 2 weeks for about the past 5 years - every time to a different area of the US), even without having to ask people, to realise that most don't take kindly to being slagged off by other countries. And why should they?

Sorry, rereading the thread and this is so funny, trying to out brag an american about how much he knows and has seen about america. Danged funny, this is going on my signature for sure.

I can defend it all I like, there's plenty left, but in the end we'll all just end up going round and round in circles, so what's the point?

Plus now it's come down to personal insults and name-calling, why isn't this thread just locked...?

Meaning you can't come up with nothing new?

Okay, you've lost, you won't accept our views, may I add the view of an American, just the people your trying to "save" from the big bad british media. Yeesh.

Also, dead ringers has never, ever, said "Americans are fat".

You have, I'd like an apology please :)

*Calls repair man*

Sledge: There seems to be a fault: this light-hearted airsoft forum is full of people arguing about Americans.

Engineer: Ah, that does happen occaisionally, sir. We find that if everyone has a frosty cold Coke and chills out for five minutes, they realise they're arguing about nothing and feel silly.

Sledge: Ah, thank you. I'll give that a try.

*Hands out frosty cold Cokes*

:lol:

Archived