Your opinions on these

doc_newstead

The vest I'm looking at is going 2nd hand, so it's cheap and easy to get hold of. Besides, I really miss my old PLCE assault vest, so this would go some way towards scratching that itch, and introduce me to the world of MOLLE at the same time :)

But I could always get that MAV later HG, and then slip my pouches onto their instead :) Such is modular! :D

I've gone off Blackhawk kit lately. I much prefer TT kit for build quality. Currently (when I'm not using a Noor Loos rig) I have single piece & two piece TT MAV's.

My main rig for most jobs: is the single piece MAV is fitted with a bib on the upper chest. This increases the surface area for pouches by one third. It's very similar to the BH chest rig but with a narrower profile & more comfortable when worn with the X-harness, I also moved the shoulder clips up about six inches and put an extra QR clip on the X-harness at the side. The pouch set up is very similar in lay out to the Silverthorne vest in the picture. It's also a much cooler arrangement than a full torso vest.

I've compared it directly to a BH rack and a Paraclete RAV & its definitely the more flexible set up out of the three.

Cheers, TWK.

I've gone off Blackhawk kit lately. I much prefer TT kit for build quality.

Its damn near the same IMO.

The Silverthrone and the Denali hold too much stuff. For the average skirmish, half those pockets are gonna be empty. On top of that, if you load it up, you're gonna find that it does bad things to your balance. Modular is the way to go.

Here are some pic's of my TT kit and other bits.

This is my "collection" of current LBV's , missing from the shot is the Blackhawk Rack/strike recon vest which was in use at the time.

It includes:

TT 2pc MAV with centre adaptor & X-harness, very nice quick lightweight set up. handy way to carry AK mags (pouches not shown).

TT 1pc MAV with bib (over the armour. Shoulder clips raised 4" up the X-harness straps to increase ride height. This is personal preference, I find it better for sitting in a vehicle like this.

The Q/R clips are covered with elastic & an extra Q/R has been added at the rear RHS for ease of on/off.

It will hold up to 18 ready rifle mags and/or grenade mix. 2 radios, 4 pistol mags or extra frags, water 1-2l on LHS, admin, ffds & torches. I keep the back free for comfort. It's pretty strong but reasonably flexible. The Malice clips are 100% improvement on pals/molle strips.

Paraclete modular plate carrier (can only really be worn over armour) I find this a bit fussy for day to day use, currently level IV plates fitted for "heavy" work.

Arkits Ops battlevest (for sale) will take 16 mags. Arktis NL rig, excellent all round patrol belt kit. Great for skirmishing, I'd recommend it to anyone with money.

Munroe daysack, which has been to every 3rd world shithole & a few north pubs for good measure.

Current overt working armour with IIIA+ uprated panels, level IV panel on top (generally sits in bergen) & light weight level III's in the vest pockets.

Close ups left off because I need to resize then to download.

I'll put some other shots on kitsluts for the freaks amongst you.

Cheers, TWK.

Archived