Uk airsoft retailers are a royal pain in the a*se.

Hissing_Sid

Hopefully the title got your attention.

[rant]

It has come to my notice that the vast majority of airsoft retailers who I have purchased stuff from are incapable of getting an order correct without some cock-up or another.

Airsoft Armoury seems to have a wonderful talent for not actually having anything in stock. You order an item from them and, after a 2 week delay (probably so they can attempt to source the item from HK) they call you back and tell you that they are out of stock but that you should "keep calling back to see if anything changes."

Hey guys, a wild and crazy idea: If you're going to stock a gas pistol, for example, stock a handful af spare mag's for the damned thing too.

Hands up all those people who have tried to order a pistol and a spare mag' only to be told that they don't have any?

I'm not just having a go at AA. Wolf Armoury is just as bad. I recently tried to give them the fat end of £1000 and found that they could barely sell me £80 of stuff which I wanted.

"Unfortunately, sir, we don't have the TM P90TR in stock right now but I can do you the P90 sling and a spare mag'"

"Erm... Why would I want the sling if I can't buy the gun?"

"Oops.... never mind."

Then there are several on line retailers which haven't grasped the basics of e-commerce, such as the fact that you need a WORKING payment system.

Fire-Support falls foul of this problem. You work your way through about 4 pages of typing in email addy's, addresses and god knows what else then, on the page where the order should go through, you get a "404. Page not found" error.

Oddly enough, it's not going to take long for me to get bored of trying to buy stuff off them. Also, to Frank (if he exists) It'd make great business sense if you actually returned some of the f*cking calls that people leave on your answering machine.

God help me (cos I know their prices are terrible) but the only one of the major players on the UK scene which has managed a decent level of service is Zero One. Their website actually manages to let you know if stuff is out of stock and you promptly receive what you've ordered. I'm guessing that the extra £20-£30 they put on top of every item is what pays for a full-time office worker.

I've really got the hump about the shoddy service supplied by brit retailers recently because I ordered what may well have been the last CA M4 carbine in the country. Unfortunately, however, there was a problem with part of the order and they sent me an email to ask if I was happy to change my order. Unfortunately I haven't been in a position to pick up my email so it went unanswered. In the mean time, said retailer has given up and flogged "my" gun to somebody else.

So, why the hell did I have to enter a home and mobile telephone number in the check-out if nobody from the retailer is going to bother to call?

ATTENTION UK RETAILERS: Get your sh*t together!

[/rant]

I didnt think z1 had a stock monitor on the website, unless i missed something.

With regards to mag for pistols, they're limited by when they are made in far east and when they get shipped out here. With a popular gun it can be hard to continually have stock of them.

P90's arent gonna be back in stock for while but their production cycle is about due to come around so they might be here at the start of next yaer.

Hmm, unfortunate indeed. I have never had a problem aside from being late.

I hope this does not turn into a 6 page 'lets burn Zero One Airsoft' thread :lol:.

I hope it doesn't either. :blink:

I have only ever ordered 2 things (I am a N00b) The first was an extended foregrip and barrel for my GA36 which I ordered from Airsoft Troops in HK. Apart from customs screwing things up and me getting tonked on the import tax it got to my house in 4 days. The other was a box mag for the same gun which I purchased from Z1 I ordered it on the Tuesday it was delivered on the Wednesday without a problem. So hey its all good :)

Regards

Drantis

I got my FAMAS F1 and other gear to go with it from Special Airsoft Supplies. Didn't have any trouble at all apart from the entire lot getting stuck in customs, but hey it happens! 2 weeks later than expected but it arrived intact and with everything there. Mark (Owner of SAS) even chucked in a larger battery (1700 instead of 1300 I ordered) to make up for the delay! :D

I hope SAS got thier stuff together and got everything back to the guys still waiting for stuff, there was a massive whohah about them, tbhI wouldnt reccomend them, due to their you pay them they order it system.

I find AD to be one of the best retailers, allthough if you wan't a gun only AA have the best prices.

But AD kick *albatross* when you buy the gun and starter pack for some guns.

I think most retailers don't havea stock system as you can call them and ask what is in stock, it'd be difficult if they were a hk retailer, due to the language barrier, but I can't see the problem here.

AD have always informed me when an Item is not in stock generally less than a day after ordering, sometimes minutes.

I think it's always best to phone anyone when needing a gun for a certain time ie big games.

Ozz

The language barrier would not be much of a problem since Hong Kong used to be part of our 'empire' and so most of them speak english as a 2nd language. As far as I know Zero One do not have a stock monitor on their website. Seems like you had a run of bad luck as I have ordered from Zero One, Airsoft Armoury without problems, and as said before all P90's (TR, and the RDS one) are not being produced at this moment.

Adam

Ive ordered twice of AA and the service is flawless. Ordered a SVI 5.0 IED and got it next day, paid a score for that but it was wurf it. Ordered a CA33e and got it 2 weeks later. Albeit the reason that it took so long was the couriers b*llsup and not AA's fault. By comparison it took a month for AD to ship a can of hfc134a to me.

In the end you have to take into consideration that youre buying asian products from asia through a middleman, who simply cant meet demand sometimes. Some poor SOB is gonna suffer, if its you, thats just Karma. Sit back, enjoy the ride, and get on with the sport.

>> The language barrier would not be much of a problem since Hong Kong used to be part of our 'empire' and so most of them speak english as a 2nd language.

Mmmm - sounds good in theory, but in practice, I've had some utterly undecipherable replies from highly reputed (and reputable) dealers.

UNCompany, WGC and Tokyo Model are two that spring to mind as having sent replies either completely missing the point of my question OR being incomprehensible, on occasions.

It can be a problem, but that simply means it pays to research!

Cheers.

Mate, you seem to have very easily turned to slagging off some very well reputed retailers just because your orders haven't sorted themselves out.

You are probably unaware of how difficult it is to source and then stock some parts/accessories for some airsoft guns, and they cannot be expected to keep enough in stock on the off chance that you may want to buy a couple of extra mags (especially things like WA mags, which are as rare as rocking horse ######) - or perhaps it hasn't occured to you that other people actually buy these items as well???

And it isn't like the retailers don't try and help you. If they don't have the parts in stock, they cannot sell them to you, but they did offer you the parts they did have if you wanted to source the other items elsewhere. Then when you don't reply to an email they sent you, they sell it to another buyer - look at it from their perspective, they have tried to contact you, and got no response, so for all they know, you are a fake buyer, and since they need to sell products to survive as a business, they sell to the buyer who will pay them straight away.

You cannot blame Frank for the internet not functioning correctly, his business is very highly rated and perhaps you could factor in the fact that maybe he has better things to do then chase down every message you leave on his machine.

Zero One may not give you extremely cheap deals on everything, but if you don't like their prices, don't come on here and slag them off, just don't buy from them. Simple as that. They can charge a little extra because they employ full time staff and their customer service is quite frankly f*cking brilliant, so if i have to pay an extra £10 to receive my item the very next day, in perfect condition, and with a friendly voice down the phone if i ever need any help, then that is perfectly fine by me.

If Airsoft Armoury never had anything in stock, how could they open and successfully operate two brick and mortar stores?? And why would they be gaining ever more customers that allows them to open their second shop?

You seem to be acting as though everything you want SHOULD be in stock, and if it isn't then you want an explanation on why the hell it isn't in stock? Wake up and realise that until you have owned a fully functioning and large scale airsoft retailer, catering for only a small market here in the UK and perhaps Europe as well, you cannot start insulting the retailers which everyone else uses with a large majority of success.

Archived