AK47 or AK47S ?

oli

which one should i go for as a newbie starting out?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. which one should i go for as a newbie starting out?

• AK47
    • AK47S
    • Other? please specify

I doubt metal 0.2 6mm bbs exist, unless you can prove me wrong :P

It won't hurt more cos it's metal, that depends by the weight and power of your AEG. If you're not gonna upgrade it, use 0.2bbs, it'll do fine.

And you can use 0.25bbs for target practice, if you really want to. From 0.2 to 0.6 there is a GREAT difference, no matter how light they may seem. You'll shoot very precisely, but not far... AT ALL. Heavier bbs like 0.36gram or 0.30 are only really for snipers with large upgrades on them. And i doubt your mates will be happy if you shoot them at a 20m distance ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... YES - Even more so if your replica was capable of making it go further than 20m....

0.6bbs aren't really used in airsoft, if you want to use something like that get an air rifle, or, hell, forget about bbs altogether, get a .22 rifle :P

The max i've ever really heard of is 0.36 or 0.4g bbs. Then again 450 and over fps upgrades were required to have a decent range. And the energy these upgrades deliver can at times, if the owner is not careful enough, he can make the replica be considered a weapon according to law.

Stick to 0.2g bbs ;)

I think it could last a week-end ;) then again it depends by how many bbs you'll use. If you're more of a fan of using semi rather than barrages of bbs to get someone out, the it'll be more than enough. A 2000 mah battery can last a day. One 600mah battery can last a day, if you really want it to :P

two things im not sure of is this:

1. the weight, can the gun hold 2 mags stuck together, especially 2 600's?

2. would the BB's fall out of the mag that is upside down?

EDIT: also my dads got some of that tape stuff in his tool box, good stuff :D

two things im not sure of is this:

1. the weight, can the gun hold 2 mags stuck together, especially 2 600's?

2. would the BB's fall out of the mag that is upside down?

EDIT: also my dads got some of that tape stuff in his tool box, good stuff  :D

Yes the mag well should hold up just fine.

And no, BBs wouldn't fall out of the mags.

Why don't you go to your nearest airsoft site rent the AK and come to your own solution? Instead of wasting your summer hoildays indoors

Archived