*ACK*! WHERE'S THE DOOR FOR THE P-90 HICAP?!?!

TaQ

I can answer that one-

no- and don't be silly. The gearbox in an electric gun really shouldn't overheat to the extent it could melt rubber- about another degree or so and it would drop clean through the gun! many gearboxes actually have that type of electrical wire running along the outsides of them anyway!!

Good point...I didn't think of it that way :P

I swear I've heard of people saying stuff about that when insulating P90 gearboxes with expanding foam though...then again maybe not...

Anyway cheers Azrael...even if it was obvious! :P

No the wires won't burn you silly turd lol..

...I've stuffed my gearbox with foam, it doesn't make much of a difference really, I took the foam out and heard a obvious difference to the *TWANG!!!!* after every shot, that was about it. Gearbox sound was almost the same.. just a tad quieter.

Azrael, why would the box mag obstruct the view of the RD on a P-90? That would be silly lol. It doesn't even obstruct the emergency sights on a P-90 version.

TaQ- I wouldn't have thought it did, but your pic made it look a little like it would.

never uwse expanding foam around a gearbox!!! for one, you'll NEVER get it out again, and for two, it won't dampen sound much, and for three, if you didn't have problems with your gearbox before you sprayed in the foam, how do you think the gears and external switches on a gearbox are going to behave after getting gunked up? (the ends of the gears would get attached to the expanding foam!!)

If you really want to queiten your gearbox, use 2mm rubber sheeting thats sticky on one side, and line your gun innards with it (except for the obvious bits where the gearbox makes contact with the plastic.) an easy way to do that is to cut it into strips and push it in past the gearbox using a lolly stick. Of course- this doesn't work for every gun, for example the G3 series and MP5 series guns have gearboxes that are flush with the plastic casing. You can significantly quieten an aug or P90 like this though.

another way to quieten your gun is to buy a systema gearbox- they are made out of machined rather than cast aluminium, and don't have the space inside them to echo as much, or thin walls to let the sound through so easily. They're also good for better upgrades than a standard box.

For the last time I didn't use expanding foam!! lol

I used some kind of heat resisting foam and cut em into little cubes and just shoved them in the empty spaces, I didn't stick any in the left hand side where theres a external lever out of the gearbox.

Rubber sheeting? Care to explain more? :rolleyes:

Erm..... That's what I've done? I've sold off the box mag lol! It's bad in a way as the M16 mags fit perfectly in my SDU vest. But since I've sold it I'd have to get special P-90 pouches to hold the uber long mags..

I've already got a thigh-worn P-90 mag pouch, just need more of them.. or more legs..

Archived