Odd questions

Verymanynames

I have an idea in my head for something but I have some rather odd questions.

1) Whats the PSI of HFC134?

2) Whats the PSI of Green Gass?

3) What would be the best and cheapest way to get a spare fill valve compatable with the above?

4) Does anyone know of any kind of flexible plastic bladder that could withstand the pressure of the above two?

Thanks.

I have an idea in my head for something but I have some rather odd questions.

1) Whats the PSI of HFC134?

2) Whats the PSI of Green Gass?

3) What would be the best and cheapest way to get a spare fill valve compatable with the above?

4) Does anyone know of any kind of flexible plastic bladder that could withstand the pressure of the above two?

Thanks.

1&2)

Pressure depend on temperature.

At 15°C HFC134a is at about 4 bar and HFC22 is at about 7.5 bar

3)

I don't understand what you mean by "get a fill valve compatible with the above".

Are you talking about a fill valve as found on a gas cannister or a fill valve nneded to fill a gas cannister?

I made my own propane adaptor by hacking the fill valve off an empty gas can and braizing it onto a suitable fitting.

If you wanted the female part of the fill valve you'd have to nick one out of a magazine.

4)

Basically, no.

A car tyre has about 2.5 bar in it and you can see how solid they are. Anything that could withstand 7 bar safely would swell up like a football.

The PSI would depend on how much gas you put into the container and what it's temperature was.

PSI is not static

No it won't.

Not unless you use a high pressure gas pump to transfer liquid gas into a vessel.

If you're using the gas vapour pressure to transfer it (as occurs in EVERY instance within airsoft) then the pressures are constant.

Put one drop of liquid gas in an empty vessel and it will evaporate until it vanishes completely or the pressure inside the vessel is at the SVP (4 bar for 134 and 7.5 bar for green).

If you fill an empty vessel with liquid gas it will evaporate until the pressure rises to the SVP and then no further evaporation will occur.

I suggest using a pure O2 operating system at 2.2 ATA. If you still have a face left by the end of the week please write & let us all know. :D

Sounds like you want the makings of a launcher like a US Spudgun. There are plenty of online instructions for pistions/valves/chambers around that could supply the info you seek. Due to potential accidents it's somewhat out of bounds to discuss them on this forum. :waggle:

If I've taken your request the wrong way I appologise & don't tell mummy.

Archived