ICS Gearbox Bushes

Hissing_Sid

:D My M4 is perfect! the only thing wrong with it isss ummm. NOTHING!!!

YAY!! HOOAH!!

i posted cause since you guys were talking about split gear boxes.

I'm scared to take apart my M4

oh yeah its ICS M4A1 Olympic Arms CAR-97 MOD P.C.R.

how do you take it apart. Like the real one? you push the HUGE pin out (with what?)

how do you re-assemble it? how do you allign the gears. please help me helpfull sid!

any help appriciated and rewarded

Delta:ZZE:Zaxaquar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i posted cause since you guys were talking about split gear boxes.

I'm scared to take apart my M4

oh yeah its ICS M4A1 Olympic Arms CAR-97  MOD P.C.R.

how do you take it apart. Like the real one? you push the HUGE pin out (with what?)

how do you re-assemble it? how do you allign the gears. please help me helpfull sid!

any help appriciated and rewarded

Delta:ZZE:Zaxaquar

If you want to take the ICS M4 gearbox to bits just for a nose around inside then it's pretty simple.

Eject the mag.

Press the Forward Assist to decompress the spring.

Put a screwdriver up against the rear receiver pin and give it a tap to knock it out.

Swing the upper receiver forward.

You can now see inside.

All you need to do before you put it back together is ensure that the part of the sector gear (the top one) with no teeth sticking out from it is facing upward before you close the receiver.

If it isn't correctly oriented you can either shoot the gun to spin the gears or just roll it around with your thumb.

Close the receiver up and replace the pin.

Ya, I havnt put more than 25k through mine and its been actin up the past 2 months and its really annoying. Its already ate 2 reinforced pistons, and its still stock!

I've had to replace the trigger switch and hop up

I no longer have FA

My selector switch doesnt really work anymore. IE: I cant shoot in semi anymore.

Anyone know the fixes for the last 2? I dont really wanna buy and install the selector switch, but if there's any other fix?

The FA or lack their of is becuase your 'ICS M4 antireversal' is broken, or shifted(happens with the new ARL design) If you have an old style ARL(doubting, if the gun is fairly new) then buy a replacement new style(Blazingtoys or Airsoft arms). If you have the new style(with screw) then it is possible you can fix it. Remove the ARL, notice the 'V' shape that the arm fits to the ARL. Remove the screw, apply liberal amounts of Blue/Red locktite to both the 'V' and screw hole, then replace ARL/screw. This should stop anymore 'shifting' from the unit.

Your second problem, well I havent had that problem with my early model(w/ metal bushings, IE Guarder), but a friend(systema bushings) has, and I've wondered if the one bush behind the selector switch is sitting too proud on the exterior of the mechbox interacting with the selector switch not allowing proper contact for semi? Just theory. I want to monkey with it, but havent had the chance. Thinking of bending the switch contacts 'out' a bit to help contact. Or removing material from the offending bush externally.

Pistons, what pistons are you using?

Archived