Zeroing me RDS

lork

hey,

I ordered a new RDS ( eventually ) and i dont know whats the best way to zero it using a Mp5k with a extended Mc51 285mm barrel.

Draw a target, put rds on gun, shoot one shot at center, see where it goes, ajust windage and elevation accordingly. repete untill accatable accuacry is accheved.

:Dr_Evil:

With your hop up set correctly, the bb should fly flat until the hop up effect kicks in near the end of it's flight and it's flight goes like this: (ignore the dots)

........______

___/.............\

So as long as you zero your RDS for hitting something just before the bump, then it should hit anything along that line

Get a cardboard box and draw lotsa pluses on it:

gallery_4913_176_19256.jpg

Now put it some distance ahead of you where you think the bb would be able to hit a plus. How far depends on you really, in real life, there'll be wind, slopes, breathing, panic going on so how far really doesn't matter as long as the RDS helps you zero left/right effect.

My farest is 14 feet within my flat. And the pic is that. Notice the G36 hits lower? And the MP5 was dead centered? I then had to calibrate the RDS on the G36 a bit higher and fire 10 rounds again.

Please fire more than 5 rounds to make sure cuz these are toys and 1 round might have you fooled :P Unless you haxxorsz! hehe.

Also try to stabilize your gun on something, I put my foregrip on the back of a chair and grip it at the same time. To calibrate anything, you have to calibrate yourself first. If you keep on shifting your pose and placing your cheek somewhere else, you can't calibrate it :)

Archived