KSC Glock 17 problem

rizzo

LOL!!! You *bleeped* the slide!! I guess the filter captured C O C K yes....?

Check when the slide goes back to "battery" position (not sure how to use that word, when the slide is back at at the normal position) if it's a hair out of place it'll cause the gun to empty the whole magful of gas. Don't know why.

Thing is I sold my KSC G19 to my friend who was getting into airsoft. The noob wasn't intelligent in the GBB maintainance department but nevertheless wanted one. Few days later the same thing happened as what you're talking about Rizzo.. I stripped everything and found the hop rubber to be totally destroyed, getting in the way of the slide returning back to its normal position.

Check your hop up barrel, see if any of the rubber is interfering with the slide

Hello Airsofters,

I have a new question about the KSC Glock 17 series and I thaught it's better to put it in here, than opening a new thread in order not to flood this forum with thousands of similar threads.

My question is:

The KSC Glock 18C is properly working, even it was once dropped from 1 metre height. The problem is: The slide doesn't lock back after the last BB shot. This happened also before the gun was dropped on the floor. Also, this problem only occurs with standard 25 rounds mags. When using long 50 rounds mags everything is ok.

Any idea what's the reason and how to solve this problem?

Thx

KWP quick and easy answer is that its probably cool-down of the gas in the mags thats not generating enough pressure to lock back the slide after firing. I'm guessing that you are expecting it to lock back after firing at least one or two full auto bursts from the mag?

the 50 round mag has a larger gas reservior, and therefore a higher operating pressure when the mag is empty- allowing the slide to lock back, even if you do use full auto too much and cause an amount of cool-down.

The answer with the smaller mags is to use semi more often near the end of the magazines' bb capacity and to fire slower towards the end of the clip. This may allow your sweaty mitts to warm up the gas magazine in the grip to get a bit more power on that last shot.

Other answers are:

you've installed a harder recoil spring, but not a harder hammer and high-flow valve to compensate for this

or

you've installed a metal slide but no other improvements making the blowback sluggish in general.

Yes, the gas pressure in the 50 rounds mag is higher than in standard 25 rounds mags. That's what makes the Glock cycle much faster and the blowback harder.

The automatic lock-back mechanism worked fine for both the 25 and 50 rounds mags, when the gun was new.

Maybe it's some wear&tear of some other parts of the gun?

Your "other answers" cannot apply as the gun is unmodified.

Thx

My Glock 26 used to not lock back randomly, no matter how much gas was left. Then it appeared to work fine in hotter weather. For some reason it's temperamental in different weather conditions...

And rizzo - I'm still awaiting payment for my services (fixing the gun I mean - what other 'services were you thinking of, you sicko you...) :P;)

i have a glock 26 as well and i found that both these problems became apparent. all i had to do for the gas-venting problem was make sure it was well oiled and for the other problem i found that the latch tha catches the slides was not in the proper upward positionbecause of the magazine. on the side of th mag-spring there is a litle slide that pushes the slide-latch up but if the spring is not pushing it up properly the slide will not catch. all you have to do is lubricate the magazine.

• 3 years later...

Hi all,

This thread is perhaps the best place to ask my question ....

I've a TM G17 G3.

Is it possible to 'gas' overfill a G17 standard capacity mag? I know the question may come across a little silly, but recently, I had the upper slider jam because it had riden over it's rail guide on one side. I fixed it thankfully without any further problems ... though it did take a little more force to correct than I was comfortable with.

I still don't know what this happened and wondered of somehow I'd overfilled the mag. I keep the gas canister on until the gas seems to vent from the nozzle.

Thank in advance.

Apologies if I've hijacked

Good Hunting

Conger: Too much liquid in the magazine would result in a puff of liquid gas upon firing. It is possible to get a bit too much liquid in the magazine of TM Glocks, but the liquid charge symptoms go away after a couple of shots.

The slide will not jump off the rails due to overfilling. It may do that if you're using Green Gas in a hot weather, though. A buffer is the easiest and cheapest solution for fixing this.

-Sale

Archived