UTG M324 Master Sniper Review!

Snip3d

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to revive a slightly old thread but ive recently ordered one of these from airsoftmart.net in the UK on monday (16th Jan) and got it today (17th Jan) (fantastic service) but im somewhat dissapointed by it.

Either im being a total spoon or I've recieved a lemon.

Ill run through the problems:

1) Lower half has scratches/marks on the stock, only superficial but anyway

2) Several of the screws are not in properly and the heads are pratically wound off so im not going to adjust it myself

3) Mags veed VERY inconsistantly, I've only trried with 0.2g BB's but I've tried both Excel and ICS (black and whites) and the mags seem to stop feeding after about 2 rounds as if its a weak spring

4) Its really hard to pull the bolt back to cock the gun and im not exactly a weak lad (im used to carrying 25Kg bags of cement all day)

5) The hop is terrible, its on too much even when its off! Rounds get to the end of the flight and go in a rather mad up-and-left motion meaning I cannot hit a target

6) The Range is below-par imo, I expected that it would out-range and be far more accurate than my TM Beta-Spetsnaz (which is not upgraded) and its the total opposite. I can barealy shoot 80ft before the BB's go upwards.

Any ideas as to what I should do (which im guessing is send it back and get a refund tbh)?

Thanks in advance anyone who can help :)

PS: Also is it me or is the actual barrel tiny? From the point at which the BB feeds into to the end of the barrel its possibly shorter than the famas barrel!

I'm not too sure, it was all sealed up in cellophane.

Ive contacted Airsoft mart too, who of course have been very helpful.

Kiblets: I know you said earlier in your post your hop was weak. Do you mean your shots were dropping really early? Was it easy to strip the hop out and fix the problem?

When cocking do you find you have to brace the stock against your leg or similar to pull the bolt back? Just that I cant pull the bolt back with it up to my shoulder as it requires a fair amount of force. Maybe im expecting it to be too easy? :P

Just trying to get some other opinions from the community really to see if anyone else has encountered problems and how they solved them.

your experince withthe hop up it is not uncommon @ all...hever bbs will help the situation...and as its a "single shot" (i can't call it a "sniper rifle") it will improve your over all perforamce...

waht screws were manked ???

open the sucker up and cheak the nilyon rings that the bolt is "floating" on if one of those is out of place the could be screwing up your bolt stroke.

to fix your mags you will need to build up the side catch with a bit of hot glue or expoy

the barrel is abit short ...13 3/4" but the main issue is a "wide bore"

coming in @ a stagering 6.14mm :blink::blink::blink:

Im sure yours will be fine orange, im probably just unlucky as other people seem to be just fine with them (that and I'm having a run of that at the mo, esp getting 4 shots to the head at a skirmish at the weekend :P )

Yes I did get a scope, some pics included for your pleasure:

rifle1.jpg

rifle2.jpg

scope.jpg

Not sure of the brand of scope and it appears to be fixed zoom/foucs but ive not had much of a chance to play with it. Its not as far as im aware, a UTG one, but its pretty good, clean image though ofcourse yours could be a different one.

I must admit the service ive had so far from airsoftmart has been fantastic and they have replied to my emails very quickly!

Im half tempted to do what you suggested gunfighters though im really not too sure I should because its still under warranty as it stands and I'd rather not take the risk just yet (also I really wouldn't know how to go about it)

The screw in question im sure isnt affecting anything as its not in all the way as opposed to in too far but a pic in any case:

screwbolt.jpg

Its the one at the back of the image.

I guess if the barrel is as wide bore as you say that could attribute to the possible lack of range due to a loss of pressure inside the barrel.

OK, Update on the problems time:

The mags seem to be feeding ok for the moment but this is possibly due to the fact im hand loading them and not using the supplied speedloader, it doesnt seem to force the spring so much and it feeds every round without fault if I do it this way.

Airsoftmart suggested that the hop on this gun typically takes a few rounds to wear in (100-200) and they were pretty much spot on, ive done just over 100 rounds and its firing with much greater consistancy.

With this the range is started to increase as has the accuracy. :)

Using 0.25's REALLY helps alot too, I think there is a slight reduction in range but put the hop on a very small ammount and it flies quite well, now its managing to out-range my Spetsnaz by about 20ft, with a little more tweaking and a longer range to target on it MAY get better.

The bolt is still quite hard to pull back and its quite evident when I pull the bolt all the way back that its rubbing on something internal to the upper of the gun as there is black paint over the top of the bolt. If I get the courage to take it to bits I may remove the bolt and pop a bit of grease on there, short of that use some spray silicone oil to try and loosen the action up. I suspect its actually that the paint is a little too think in one place and it may wear in with time.

Question time: Anyone know if the VSR-10 mags would fit into this gun, they appear of a similar shape and side, and if so for £8 a throw if it solves my feeding issues once and for all ill be a happy bunny.

Also: Whats the best way to attach the sling? every time I put it on it wont sit quite right on my shoulder though I guess this is personal pref :)

Just gotta think about zeroing the gun now, stick the scope back on and stuff.

Big thumbs up to Airsoftmart for helping me out with this :)

::EDIT::

Forgot to say, I will also try and get mini-review/first impressions of this written up too, (though this one is already pretty comprehensive in any case) always nice to have a few reviews though :)

Piling on a couple more opinions...

Got mine to screw around with, and was very disappointed when it only chronoed at 250 using .2g bbs.

I've taken it apart, and the cylinder is a self contained item. No way to upgrade, but I'm sure people have already figured that one out by now. However, that said, it shouldn't be too hard to swap out when they release new ones.

Biosniper, when i first got my gun, with the hop up on maximum, the bb's where still not curving up slightly before the end of the flight (which i prefer to get a little more range). The hop assy is easy to take apart. Just a thought, maybe that protruding screw is not letting the top barrel reciever screw in tight enough to the plastic body, so the mags are sitting just below the catch which engages with the magazine?

Im pretty sure the vsr mags wont fit, but UTG *should* be releasing spare mags with the upgrade bolt in the spring?

I got mine a couple weeks ago and still haven't been able to use it "seriously".

http://foro.milsimspain.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=244 (in spanish but with pictures).

Chrono gives 298fps with 0'20 BBs, and it will need 0'25 or 0'30 to work well.

What somebody told me is that it may be compatible with Maruzen's APS series.

Seeing their AEGs are almost clones of Marui, and the shotguns are almost Maruzen, it has some logic, but I can't check it because nobody around here has an APS.

Somebody has compared them?

What Leaper's/UTG told me is that they will offer upgrades in the form of a full bolt/piston package, so no "delicate" work to install will be necessary.

UTG says they are planing on a barrel along with the new bolt. however the barrel to the gun is VERY simple(no hop up inleting needs to be milled in to it) and is just held in by a groove... you could convert a TB barrel to fit the gun very easly on a lathe (or have it done for you) in just a few minuints..

I had the opertunint to shoot one yesterday, had good luck runing .36s in the gun...stay away from grafite coated bbs...they fowled the the hop op in 2 shots.

while on a indoor range we were making 160' shots with out scope or sites( the range was 160, the gun will go further)

Archived