AG36

Corporate_Black_Ops

Having been severely disappointed by the reviews I've read of the Smokey's Gun Works AG36 I've decided that I'm going to design my own, swing opening version.

I've got most of the internals worked out as far as I can until I can sneak some of the photos onto a V5 station and get my hands on a couple of Mosscarts although getting it to cock is proving to be hard work (its working stroke is second, the normal working stroke is the first but that would simply be spring driven)...

But anyway, unless anyone has brilliant ideas as to how to make that work, that's not what I need help with.

I'm looking at the possibility of having a number of them made when I've finished and selling the surplus to offset the development costs. This opens a whole can of legal worms however, is it actually legal?

Should I contact H&K to obtain their permission to use their design and designation?

Project Deadline: Distant Thunder

What do you mean cock on the second stroke? I'd say just use the M203 strigger system, which just pushes forward a cylinder to actuate the firing pin. It's attached directly to the trigger so when you release the trigger, the firing pin retracts. The moscarts don't need much pressure to actuate them, so a traditional firing pin system isn't necessary.

Not having used Mosscarts before I'd assumed that they would require a fairly significant impact, preferably one with a lot of inertia to keep the valve open as long as possible (it may only be a couple of milliseconds but...) in a similar manner as a GBB.

Pity really, most of my thinking has been based on the need for a single action trigger and I'd got a fair way through it.

Oh well, rethink time :)

But what about the legal ramifications of making and selling a surplus?

Not having used Mosscarts before I'd assumed that they would require a fairly significant impact, preferably one with a lot of inertia to keep the valve open as long as possible (it may only be a couple of milliseconds but...) in a similar manner as a GBB.

Pity really, most of my thinking has been based on the need for a single action trigger and I'd got a fair way through it.

Oh well, rethink time  :)

But what about the legal ramifications of making and selling a surplus?

dont call it an ag36 and dont put trades on it.....

Anyone who was at Fireball on Saturday may have seen me mucking about with other people's grenade launchers, if you were one of those whose guns I poked and prodded then thank you...

As a result of this "research" I've now fully rethought the design and have started work on the actual engineering of the "GW36 - Granat Werfer 36" and as soon as I have a solid model knocked up I'll post some pictures.

• 1 month later...

Still a hell of a lot cheaper, especially given the exchange rate, than the two hundred pounds plus per unit I was looking at (depending on how many I had made). Covering the one off engineering costs at a reasonable unit cost requires bulk, bulk Star have the infrastructure (and legal knowledge) for and I (unfortunately) do not, fifteen hundred pounds (estimated) engineering costs aren't easy to loose.

Archived