Airsoft .50 cal heavy machine gun

Steve Pearson

Try as I might, I do vaguely remember seeing on a website airsoft video, someone using an airsoft .50 hmg replica. However, I cannot for the life of me find it as it was quite a long time ago.

Does anyone know if they do genuinely exist, and if so, where? Search phrases I tried didn't bring any results.

Help on this definately appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve.

First and only airsoft are planning one. It's going to be a browning 50. cal. The body's already made and its looking sweet. Will get pictures as soon as i'm there again. Which unfortunately may be a while...

And it will probably cost more than 4000USD.....

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Airsoft HMG is kinda pointless, especially in the UK.

Bigger and heavier than an AEG but with the same power and range. Great idea!

I'm sure it'd be cool for a site to have a replica M2 or summat for base defence but, for what it is, it could easily be made just by bunging a complete P90 into a wood housing.

Job done.

Airsoft HMG is kinda pointless, especially in the UK.

Bigger and heavier than an AEG but with the same power and range. Great idea!

I'm sure it'd be cool for a site to have a replica M2 or summat for base defence but, for what it is, it could easily be made just by bunging a complete P90 into a wood housing.

Job done.

If that was the case we'd all be running around with the same sort of AEG, basically a gearbox, hop and barrel and a feed tube for bb's, none of this replica stuff, and we certainly wouldnt be concerned about the VCR bill. Airsoft is 50% action sport and 50% love of the gear. After all an MP5 with a motorised box mag does the same job as an M249 in airsoft...

If that was the case we'd all be running around with the same sort of AEG, basically a gearbox, hop and barrel and a feed tube for bb's, none of this replica stuff, and we certainly wouldnt be concerned about the VCR bill.  Airsoft is 50% action sport and 50% love of the gear.  After all an MP5 with a motorised box mag does the same job as an M249 in airsoft...

Indeed.

My point was simply that you could easily make a decent Browning M2 replica which you could use in the UK simply by making a box which a P90 could be fitted into.

I don't see why it needs to cost megabucks.

The main problem with stuff like this is that it'd probably be an emplaced gun. That'd leave you, the owner, with the choice of manning it yourself all day or leaving it for anybody to use.

Personally I'd worry that people might abuse it in some way and damage it.

Another reason why it isn't really viable in anything other than very special conditions.

[edit]

Hey!

I just had a look at the ShootNScoot webby for the first time in ages. Looks a lot more impressive now.

Looks like we share a common opinion. They make their Browning .30 out of a P90. :D

John (Blastyman) waaaaaaaay over here in Canada custom built an M3HB in his garage over the winter. From his thread on Airsoftcanada.com:

"

Here is my interpretation of the .50 BMG (Blasty Machine gun)

It was hand crafted in my garage over this winter using the most basic of tools. 

Jigsaw,Hacksaw,skill saw with abrasive blade and my trusty drill.

Its full metal and fully functional.

Features

-Metal construction,very solid and hefty

-v6 gearbox for high relibility

-750 round BB capacity

-Working Charging handle to ready the gun to fire

-adjustable tripod

-420 FPS

Gun is approximately 98% complete.  I have to finish up the sights and a better latch for the feed cover.

Had it out to our Vietnam game and it was quite the hit. 

Anyhow here are some pics if anybody is interested.

Probably put a video up sometime if anybody wants.

model1.jpg

model2.jpg

model3.JPG

model4.JPG

model5.JPG

model6.jpg

"

Funny I found this Thread, I was up last night looking at piccs of the .50 wondering if I could make it outta bits of ply and resin from the garage. Blimey that looks so so cool, have you any plans/specs, the namsofters in our team would cream themselves, and it'd save me a job of trawling through specs and making parts from scratch?

what a kowinydink (that's coincidence, by the way). It DOES look sweet, doesn't it; I too would like to know what he did.

Those pictures look terribly familiar, there was a thread in the Project Suggestions a while back about an M2, see if you cant find that one, If you want to make one I'm sure there are numerous non firing replica's that could be hollowed out or what have you to fit AEG internals in em.

BTW 300th Post ;)

Just a note, in the UK putting AEG internals in a deact is illegal. Plus that would weigh a ton. Sid's idea is probably the most effective.

Didnt know Replica's count as non firing deacts since it never saw combat, nor shot a bullet in its life technically its not a deact is it? :P /shrug

FWIW, have a look on http://www.relics.org.uk

They've got a new website up and I can see a Browning .303 for £244 and a very nice M2 for £490

Both would be decent value if you could stuff a 1J uprated P90 into them, compared to a custom-made jobby anyway.

Note that neither includes a tripod or pintle mount of any kind though.

Archived