ICS MP5 Version 3, Good or Bad?

gafes

I want to buy a MP5A4. i know that marui has better quality and all, but i really want a metal body, i was looking and found the ICS MP5A4 v3 but i can´t find reviews that really help me to decide, is it bad?, is reliable?, i read about version 2 problems, but i don´t know if they are corrected for version 3.

Help me to decide!!!! :)

There is no way a Marui is better quality than an ICS, i tried both the TM and the ICS MP5s before i bought one and i have had my ICS MP5 SWAT for over 18 months now and you could not do any better , the TM is a large toy by comparison.

As for the gearboxes i think the only ICS to have a version 3 gearbox is the new AK74M, the gearbox in mine is totally reliable after putting around 5000 rounds through it without any failures you cant really do any better.

If you want a full metal MP5 you have either the ICS or classic army, i have tried the new classic army version of the MP5 but it did not make me want to trade in my ICS.

curlyboy

There were some problems with the ICS products but I believe I'm safe in saying that they were corrected in this revision.

Try to weigh up the ICS with the CA products before buying - they both have benefits and they both have problems.

Overall though, the ICS MP5 range is better than the TM, as is the CA range. Whichever you get, you won't be disappointed :)

Rich::

I just bought an ICS MP5 a couple of weeks ago, i'm pleased with it but although it's metal it does feel cheap (but what can you expect for £150) and plasticy. Saying that i'm saving up for the G&P RAS which should help the slightly cheap and nasty feel.

Thanks for your advice, i appreciate, the problem is that here in mexico there are no one single store to buy airsoft so i have to order from HK or the US, so i have to make my decision based in the things that i read and i have see both positive and negative comments.

One more question the airsoft elite MP5A4 is an upgraded version of the ICS or is a totally differnte thing?, Thanks, but i am another noob that get lost in all the information

Thanks!!, :D

airsoft elite is upgraded ICS.

I have a ver 3 ICSmp5a4, awesome. Order a new hop rubber and yopu are good to go. (the ICS hop rubber on my gun was not great.)

[/quote

Any thought on where in the States one could order hop rubber and a systema tappet? I have been having trouble finding an online store that sells both.

Archived