Barrett M95 (M107)

airsoftfreak14

Well, I have been wanting to make a custom gun and get a sniper for a long time so I have decided to make a M95. It probably wont be anything fancy, just a TM VSR 10 base with the M95 shell made out of wood, and other materials. So do you guys think this is possible? Time and dedication may take a key role in this project. I will have a while to make this, no time goal. And I just want to make an awesome, unique gun.

why not get a m16 as a base, them you can have it semi auto. and you can use the handle and triger aswell. ?

also you could make the whole thing out of metal, if your not that good with metal you could find a metal place. ? and you could buy it there, and get some info from them about it, as there probibaly know how you could make it easier.( coz they work with it every day ) and you could ask them to cut and bend the metal for you. ( don't know about usa prices but over here it would cost around £50 for good sheet metal, and i don't know £100 for them to cut it. bend it, and weild it. that inc the flash hider. )

using the m16 as a base all yo have to buy is the lower reciver, grip, motor, gear box and inner barrel. ( you'll have to costomize a m16 mag though. ) you could find a real barret mag and use that. and mabe a real cocking handle aswell.

overall it would cost you ;

£50 . metal

£100 . meal workers labour

£50 . decent m16 parts

and i have no idea how much you could pick up rs parts i america... ? £50

so overall no more than £300 ( prety good for a gun that no airsoft manufacturer has made yet........they will after they see this post though. lol )

hope this gives you some ideas.

It is a very good idea however I can forsee one big problem with this project. (well, two but he second one won't affect the gun's workings)

The trigger doesn't sit that low on the VSR10. You would have to do some major renovations on the sear system for your gun.

The M16 idea is infeasible because the level at which the trigger is is too low for the mech system to sit in. The piston would be firing out ofthe body, not down the barrel.

-------

second one:

Wood. C'mon man you can do better than that! Get me some closer pictues and I'll machine you some parts for cheap. The flashider would be about $60, the stock and magazine about $100 or so. It will look at feel much better than wood. Trust me.

~P

your overestimating

he could easily make a longer trigger that just slips over the old one, or a pushrod that pushes the old one.  Remember it doesnt have to be internally perfect, it just has to work ;)

Yes, but the more you keep it the way it was, the better chance you have of having it work when you fire it.

Any ways, does any one know the tools I would need to make it would of sheet metal?

Welder?

Dremel?

Cutter?

And I don't have any experience in working with metal projects, I am going to make it mainly out of wood because I have 7 or so years of experience in the shop. But I do want to learn how to weld and make things out of metal.

Got a new diagram of how I will put the gun in the "shell" if I do so properly complete it. If I do not get the shell done properly I might as well just keep the VSR-10 stock and make that look 'cool.' But hopefully with hard work and dedication, it will turn out great.

Key:

Red Circle- I will extend the trigger to the required length.

Green Line- I will cut off the stock so it fits in the shell with the rest of the gun firmly.

Blue Arrows- If all goes well the gun should fit inside snugly.

And of corse the gun is going to be much larger this is just for the body. The barrel is a whole different story.

Note: The gun is not the correct size for the diagram, hopefully you get the point.

post-4619-1140148660_thumb.jpg

sheet metal is kinda tough to work with because it is so flexable.

you should get a metal table edge to bend it, or make a break out of wood and a hinge, use heavy snips to cut it (remember there are straight, left turn and right turn snips, use the right ones) file it so its straight, then bend the metal.

• 1 month later...

Kinda OT: But if your interested in metal working but dont want to take a full blown course, check your local Museum alot of times they offer course to help bring in income. You could take a Sculptural welding course and learn the basics.

Good luck. Im looking forward to seeing more.

Archived