MP7A1 - 'The Precious'

Well, picked up my MP7 this morning from the Parcelforce Depot, charged it up today, then took it to Electrowerkz for a skirmish this evening.

I own a couple of Patriot Custom M4's, both with DIIRTY rates of fire. Not everyones cup of tea, but I love skirmishing with them in an Indoor environment. I loved the look of the MP7 and its size, but never really thought that it would ever be anything more than a backup pistol on steroids.

When we were given four more mags than we were entitled to by RedWolf (Thanks v. much for that btw :D ) after we bought three of the lovely MP7's on pre-order, I knew the day had started well.

When we got it back and opened it up and actually held 'the precious' I'm sure I heard a choir of Angels singing in unheard sounds of the London day. It feels so nice. It feels like it should be the perfect indoor skirmish piece. One niggle. The trigger guard is a bit shallow, great for some, but when yoiu've got hands like hammocks and fingers like bananas like yours truly, It's a bit tight for me and the rhino gloves. Do-able, but not too comfortable.

Feels nice and strangely natural in both fully extended mode and holding it out at arms length as a pistol. It felt rediculously natural to turn it on its side and bend my Elbow a bit whilst Shouting 'Buuka, Buuka'. The fact that They've put little rails on the front so that you can side mount a red-dot, just blows my mind. (That was a joke by the way :rolleyes: And yes before some bright spark tells me, I know this would create hop problems :rolleyes: )

Seriously though, battery didn't take more than two hours to charge before the light went out (first charge lasted for about 6-7 mags, but after I charged it immediately after, it got noticably warmer and sure enough, both rate of fire and longevity seemed to increase considerably. After twelve or more mags worth, it remained consistant in R.O.F., and was still going strong).

For a plastic peice, it feels very sturdy. The mag-well is a snug fit. NOTHING rattles. The stock is surprisingly very solid, much better than all the MP5's i've tried.Even the folding foregrip is solid and comfortable. The sites are well made and very useful, but a red-dot made it perfect. The rails are a bit smaller than G36 rails (I already tried to swap those for some nicely machined ones, but unfortunately was denied by the misaligned holes.)

It was a real pleasure to skirmish with, It had good range indoors and was surprisingly accurate. I hardly even knew it was in my hands, its so light. With the correct hop-adjustment it had the range of a standard mid length aeg 8.4v mini, yet its rate of fire seemed faster with its puny 7.2V 500mah battery (Hurry up with the pro-light adapter TM!)

Chronoing throughout the night, with the Guarder chrono, at different stages of battery discharge proved that it was fluctuating between 225 and 260 fps with .2bb. But hey, brand new spring and hop,I know.

I can't really be anymore needlessly verbose about it, I think just about every person at the site who airsofts regularly said that they totally wanted one. Clearly needs hi-caps, but bottom line is, its a fantastic little skirmish kit for CQC that rivals any standard aeg and any aep alike. And its one hell-of-a back up weapon (Chalker sling would be perfect ;) ). It has so many built in toy- fiddly bits, you just can't put it down.

The precious is perfect in a CQC environment, well built and a top package for both beginners and hard-core alike. putting it bluntly, I *fruitcaking* love it (just in case you hadn't noticed :wub:)

Buy one, you won't be dissapointed. (I'm not employed in the Airsoft industry in any way) I'm sorry if my love-waffle bored any of you :P )

Edited by DarkAngel1

hey bud. Darthwite has one from the same batch as you. We had some trouble with the mag feeding to begin with. After a few mags it seamed to clear up, only to return again.

We think its just a new mag has a tight spring holding the lip at the top in place (to hold in the BBs)

just wondering if you had any trouble at all??

{fake edit}

oh yea, and it is so cool :D

hey bud. Darthwite has one from the same batch as you. We had some trouble with the mag feeding to begin with. After a few mags it seamed to clear up, only to return again.

We think its just a new mag has a tight spring holding the lip at the top in place (to hold in the BBs)

just wondering if you had any trouble at all??

{fake edit}

oh yea, and it is so cool :D

I have had trouble with three of my mags mis feeding. Looking down into the mag the BB's seem to be double stacking and getting stuck.

Quite frankly I wish I never bought it now as the gun sometimes fires OK and other times the BB's go about 2 or 3 meters only

lemon bb's?

Seriously, i will buy it off you! i don't care if it's faulty, i'll fix it myself.

But it'll depend on the price, if it fires like a lemon, sell it for a lemon.

give ya £5, enough to buy you you bags of premium lemons. :P

No seriously, state the price we will negotiate, after all from what your saying, it sounds like a minor defect, and i suddenly have the urge to go akimbo...

:o:)

Edited by onizuka-gto

I have only used excel .2's in my glock 18c aep since i bought it and i've had absolutely no problems whatsoever.

The MP7 however doesn't seem to like being used on single shot for two long, you get the 3 metre range problem happen occasionally, but if you give it a full auto burst it seems ok on semi afterwards.

Not wishing to tell you to suck eggs, check your hop, problem with MP7 on reflection is that it doesn't have the best range, which means you end up overly hop tuning.

i believe this is the route of my 3 metre bb problem.

or of course i could just use it on full auto.

Ubar, whether you see or don't see how the battery charge level will affect FPS, i was being as thorough with my players review as i could be. The MP7 fluctuates on fps, but then my mates doesn't.

Well with mine, i can get 1-1/2 inch groupings at ten feet, with no variation in this on semi or auto. I cant give an opinion on the true effective range, but seeing as the groupings are that good at ten feet, it should be more than acceptable for CQB or dense woodland.

Wouldn't use it as a wooldand primary until we get seom 320fps/tightbore upgrades coming out though.

The only thing that i can find wrong with it is the lack of hi-caps!

Actually, in terms of enhancements, has anyone else tried a blackhawk Chalker sling with it? It seems to me to be the perfect sling for this gun in my opinion, way better than the three point!

Darth

Edit: 3m range... is there a wall in the way, perchance?  ;)

Yes, we all have the chalkers and they are great. not about the mp5 k rig though,

we've tried them they just don't fit if you have a half-hench frame.

Darth, no walls i promise, for some reason MY mp7 seems to spit rounds about 3 feet if used on single shot for too long. I have no idea why it happens, but believe me it does.

BRING ON THE HI-CAPS and the pro-light adapters, both NEEDED!