Problems with IE

Howdy, not sure if this is the right place but seems the most appropriate. I having real trouble viewing the forums using IE, i can get onto the homepage alright, but then when i try to go to the forums only the top "Arnies Airsoft" bar appears (with half the picture where it goes from blue to white) and the rest of the page is just blank and all the loading parts (correct word??) just say done and i'm left sitting the for 5mins waiting for something to happen.

Just wondered if this is a know problem, or if the internet only hates me, i mean forcing me to use firefox (which i despise) to type a message of help.

thanks for any help i do get.

Vicks

P.s when i spelled checked this the suggestion it came up for "Vicks" was F***s....... hope that isn't intentional :lol:

Edit: ATTACK OF THE TYPOS!!!

Edited by Vicks

It happens to me too when I try it in Internet Explorer 6.0 on my Windows machine.

Having looked at the source code to the page, it seems as if for some reason MSIE is aborting the download halfway through (in my case, it aborted halfway through the code for the "EMAIL" button at the bottom of your post).

Out of curiousity, and without meaning to sound like a "lol open-source r00lz" idiot, why do you despise Firefox? Not saying it's an invalid opinion like one of the aforementioned idiots, but just curious :)

You might want to PM one of the global moderators or Arnie himself (if he is available) to see if they can replicate the issue also.

Hmm ok thanks, at least i know some other people have the problem.

Reason why i despise firefox? Tbh i don't know :| but when ever i use it i just don't like the way it looks (i know you can change it) but also i just don't like the way it feels... all in all i can't explain it but i just don't like it.

(Using IE now, but later im sure it will stop working, maybe it's something to do with the amount of users logged on, seems worse at peak times.)

Thanks for the input, ill drop a gobal moderator a pm later today.

Vicks

could be a server problem. The server these days can get really busy and slow and just come to a completely halt.

Other than that, just make sure you have the latest patches, and you can disable the features that you don't think you'll need. Or use a different browser. I give up on IE a long time ago. I haven't used it for a few months, and the other day when I opened it, I noticed some ad kept on popping up though it was inactive for months, and it kept on crashing.

I got fed up with firefox this weekend because it kept on crashing when I try to access gmail. I suspect it's gmail's fault with their new chat feature.

Now I use Opera, seems pretty stable so far with a dozen tabs open and playing plug-in videos (firefox would've crashed if I try to open these many tabs for this long and keep watching plug-in videos), but not as fast as firefox (when firefox wasn't crashing). The good thing about Opera is that it displays DenTrinity's home page correctly. ;) (IE does too, but firefox couldn't show the menu correctly.) The only gripe I have about Opera is that somehow I can't use the trackpoint on my laptop to scroll the pages as I could in almost everything else. :huh: