I promised a little review in the newssection, when my two G&P red dots arrived, and seeing the did so yesterday...

However i will take this abit further, along with the Red dots, i ordered some other G&P bits, and i realized i had a few others aswell already, so i decided to review them all, and i have some other G&P bits in the mail aswell, so i will review them to.

The idea is to make a thread (perhaps sticky?) where people who have G&P parts aswell can do a little review on them.

As there are not that many reviews done on parts alone, this could become a very great resource for people looking for info on certain parts.

Do note, that i do not work for G&P or am trying to promote them or such, it just struck me how much G&P parts (compared to other brands) i have aquired during time, when the new goodies arrived

ok off we go !

G&P Military Red Dot sight

I like Aimpoints, alot actually...

Infact, that or say an Acog replica are about the only red dots, i'd really consider putting on any of my replicas...the rest of them, save maybe a cobra sight on a AK, just look weird on any AR or P90 IMHO.

So i have been looking at Aimpoint replicas for many a year, but never actually got one, as there were always other goodies to buy first :rolleyes: ooh the airsoftwoes..

furtherst i got was trading a G3 mount for the Marui red dot of the MP5 RAS, wich vaguegly resembles an Aimpoint... that i used on all my AEGs

But, during the recent winter holidays i destroyed my trusty little red dot at Elektroworkz...

So the need for a replacement re dot became much higher.

Looking at various aimpoint replicas it became clear that the Gaurder or G&Ps where the way to go...

after some looking around i found the cheapest to be ehobby over at ebay, at 33$ for the G&P dot with Lmount it was a steal, so i went ahead and got two !

looks

I was stunned when i opened the box, this looks great imho.

Its much bigger then the cheap TM knock off, about 1.5 times bigger.

With it beeing all metal, it also has some nice weight to it !

picsm1.JPG

As you can see it sport two flip up covers, and two adjuster buttons for height and width adjustment of the dot.

Both buttons have metal screw caps to protect them, held by a rubber band connected to the screwcap that holds a single battery, the small flat ones that are usually found in red dots.

Both adjustment knobs can be adjusted with a flat screw driver

pic2sm.JPG

The Red dot mounted

pic3sm.JPG

Front view.

Do note,because of the flash on my digicam, the front lens appears the be blueish, this is in fact in real life a darkish red.

Also you can see that the rubber is securely held in place in big tabs, they dont look like they will come off anytime soon

pic4sm.JPG

The red dot has 5 different density settings for the dot, on the picture you can see it at it lowest setting.

One dissapointhing bit was however, the was the rotation know to adjust the density was marked.

You can see it only has a small non painted mark to let you know the off position, on the body itself there is a similar mark, and when they line up, the dot is off.

pic5sm.JPG

The dot itself seems very good upon first inspection, bright as it should be, even in the lowest setting. All in all, this replica feel and look like a quality piece.

There are rumours going around that is infact one single factory that makes these, and gaurder and G&P etc repackage these...

Only time will tell about it's performance.

If anything should drastically change, i will report back ;)

G&P short 22rnd magazine for maruzen CA870

Out of all the shotgun available, when news of the CA870 lines came above, i was very interested... a fun reliable shotgun was what i was after at the time, and with maruzens trackrecord on springrifles like the APS, coupled with the shotgun exploits... i picked up a CA870 sawn very quickly.

Only thing, that would somehow critique the replica was it's fugly magazine solution.

Enter G&P

i had been looking at these since the first came out, and finally got up ordering one. at 7-8$ a mag, it was a bit of a no brainer really :)

mag1sm.JPG

well, when it came, i was abit disappointed at first.. looking at pics on the net, it looked like the fake shell thing was metal. Infact it is not, it's plastic, and a rather cheap one at it it seems.

I guess, at 8$ hoping for metal was abit much.

after the initial disappointment, it grew on me however, i mean, it's not like it very noticeable from under there.

what is noticeable though, is the fact that their is no magazine sticking out where it shouldn't !

mag2sm.JPG

to take it out of your CA870, one simply pushes the little black thingie on the end forward with your thumb, and with your indexfinger, pull on the lip of the fake shell holder, there is a little space left between the lip and the magazine.

the back end will come out alittle, and you can pull the magazine out completely !

mag3sm.JPG

All in all, i'm very happy with it now, for a small price, you can make your CA870 version look like it should look :D without losing the ability to shoot it.

I have not found the time to shoot it, to see how it feeds, but i'm planning to soon, and will report back then !

G&P Rail for Baretta

I got this little piece, to spice up my old 92F NBB.

Unfortunately, i seems to be at a friends house, so i dont have pics of it attached.

Not much to say really... it's a rail, for a 92f :)

one thing though, it is not metal, i had believed it to be metal when ordered, but again for 7$ one cant expect to much.

It does look quite sturdy though, i'll have to wait when i get my pistol back.

rail2.JPG

rail3.JPG

Edited by sturgis

G&P special forces kit for M16

I bought this about a year and a half back on wgc.

It's a RAS with a free floating barrel for any armalite series.

ras8.JPG

the finish on this is really nice as you can see in the pics, it sports Knights armament trademarks all over.

ras2.JPG

M4 Carbine RAS trades on opposite side.

I don't think the serial numbers are unique.

This basicly consists of 6 pieces

- RAS

- barrel

- outer barrel

- gasblock

- gasrod

- flashider

You basicly just screw the RAS onto the upper receiver after you've popped in the barrel.

ras6.JPG

When the gasrod, gasblock and outer barrel are togheter, you can screw the outer barrel into the barrel

ras4.JPG

The gas rod goes through the collar of the RAS, and pushes on the upper receiver.

I think G&P metal Bodies would have a hole their so the gasrod will fit in there ( Can anyone confirm this? )

the whole gasrod/gasblock construction, creates the friction to hold the whole assembly in place.

I use the ANpeq just as decoration, as you can forget running any wires through the lower receiver into the ras.

ras.JPG

The flashider that comes with it is a birdcage style one, not the one seen, i use a CA vortex one, as my G&G QD silencer works on that aswell.

ras7.JPG

I still have the M500 replica to do tomorrow

and i still have a military distress marker and a CA870 stock stock on the way, so stay tuned ;)

Edited by sturgis

well, havent had time to take pics of the M500 surefire replica yet, i'll try to get those done tomorrow..

on a positive note, when i woke up today, there was a package awaiting me from evoracer, with the most coolest looking BB loader in it :D

So i'll try to do a write up of that asap.

also, do you guys have any comments on the above reviews? or certain aspects they would like to see reviewed?

thing to be reviewed:

distress marker BB loader

M500 Surefire replica

Top folding stock for CA870

future

hoping to get a shotgun barrel set for the CA870 and possibly a metal body before TA2

• 3 years later...
You can save some time with the the bb loader, we all know it's ######.

It's not *that* bad - BB filling hole is quite small, capacity is only 120 rounds and it's a bit fiddly. Looks quite nice, and not a bad idea for sticking on your vest to look cool and for an emergency mag fill, but it's no replacement for a 470 round TM one.

I've done a brief review of the G&P T1 Micropoint over in AEG accessories, see here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=179613

I could write about 50 pages reviewing the myriad of G&P kit i own, but i'll save the effort; In my experience, it's all fantastic quality. Definitely my favourite manufacturer for... Well, anything really.