Infrared Scopes

Agent47

Would you ban IR scopes on airsoft fields?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ban IR scopes on airsoft fields?

• Yes, let them have the advantage if they want.
    • No, it's too big of an advantage.

Some random thought popping into my head - while these IR Scopes cost quite a bit of money, there's always some airsofter(s) who's got gobs of money or good connections that may have one of these monsters...but what's your opinion anyways?

Night vision scopes aren't really common around here. A few guys have cheap monoculars and one guy has a pricey headet, but nothing weapon mounted. They are allowed in all games.

However a passive infrared device is unheard of. The cheapest USED one I've seen on Ebay was over $5,000, and an actual IR weapons sight runs around $25,000. Not something you're likely to have to worry about.

Isn't the poll backwards?  Shouldn't it be yes, let them have the advantage if they want?  In any case, I voted no.  "Would you ban IR scopes on airsoft fields? - No"  I would allow them.

yeah, I realized that before I went to bed - was wondering if mods could do anything about it.

i wouldnt... just play with it... that person's probably too worried they'll scratch the NV body to something...

this is where you use your tac lights to strobe him with... messes with the NV contrast and makes it real hard for him to focus his aim and basically you'll ###### him off by doing so and he'll not use it again :P

Archived