Gas question

MisFire

How long did you fill the mag? Did you fill it correctly ( upside down, perfect angle, not misaligned etc) How rapidly were you firing? What was the temperature? Did you let the mag warm a bit between the process or charging and shooring ?

All these thing matter. Propane cant be the issue unless it is something else than propane in the gas tank. If the gun itself shoots fine and hard then i dont think its the mag issue either.

My experience with KJ gas blow back pistols is that thieir mags don't hold that much gas, only just enough to empty the mag once, about 26 shots.

But I have noticed that if I use propane in my KJ M90, I also can't empty the mag on one fill, I have about 3 BBs left over, but I can empty the mag when using green gas!

Shame really as they make really nice GBB pistols.

Phish

Is it brand new pistol or used? Make sure everything runs smoothly and stuff like that. Other then that I cant imagine what can be the problem. If you are shooting in room temp, atleast 5 secs of continous fill in the mag, warmed mag and you dont empty the whole mag in rapid fire then it really should shoot 1 hole mag on 1 fill of propane.

I filled the mag until I heard it quit making noises. It was upside down...and all that stuff, it was also a fairly new can of propane. It was about 45 degrees and I shot about once  every 5 seconds. Yes, the mag warmed for about 2 mins.

um...45 degrees is damn cold

My experience with KJ gas blow back pistols is that thieir mags don't hold that much gas, only just enough to empty the mag once, about 26 shots.

But I have noticed that if I use propane in my KJ M90, I also can't empty the mag on one fill, I have about 3 BBs left over, but I can empty the mag when using green gas!

Well then you're doing something wrong. First off, KJ mags hold as much gas as any other magazines. They have the O-ring to prevent leaks during filling, so it's also harder to notice when the magazine is full.

Second, green gas is propane. About the temperature, more important than warming the magazines is to keep the gas bottle warm before you fill the magazine. If the gas in the bottle gets cold, pressure will drop and it won't help if the magazine is warmed up afterwards.

MisFire: You need to fill the magazine further. If the gun was spending that much more gas than a normal unit, you'd see a cloud of gas on each shot.

-Sale

I filled the mag until I heard it quit making noises. It was upside down...and all that stuff, it was also a fairly new can of propane. It was about 45 degrees and I shot about once  every 5 seconds. Yes, the mag warmed for about 2 mins.

It was 45 degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius? I doubt Celsius.. since that's damn hot.

In warm weather, my KJW M9 will shoot about 2 mags.

In room temperature, it barely does 1 mag.

But 45 degrees F? Its going to struggle.

45 F = 7.2 C, by the way...

Put the gas bottle inside your clothes and jump around a bit to warm yourself and the gas somewhat. Anything below 10 degrees centigrade is quite low for any GBB.

Or just try to test the gun in room temperature before experimenting like this. :)

-Sale

Damn dude! If at your room temp it shoots 1 mag and with warm weather it shoots 2 mags then I must think that your room is a fridge or somthing :D

I have no clue why, but my mags are always differing. Also, my house is quite cold this time of year. Its somewhat warm out today, and I got about 1 3/4 mags. A few days ago I got just over one. In the summer, when its quite hot, I can get more than two. But when its quite cold I am not able to get even one.

I think I'm also bad with dealing with cooldown, since I love to fire rapidly ;P

The KJ p226 is a VERY gas hungry gun.

I earlier theorized that it could get 2 mags off a fill but experimenting has told me otherwise.

at room temp (72f) with a fully filled mag, pulling the trigger quickly, I found the gun was at best able to get off 1 full mag, and depending on how fast you fire it can run out of juice before getting to the last round. Waiting 1 or 2 seconds between shots I was able to shoot about 40 bb's.

the slide on this gun is extremely heavy and the recoil springs are stiff. Make sure youre giving the mag two good 5 second jabs, and getting a mag off shouldnt be a problem.

Its possible that like the c02 mini uzi the blowback chamber's piston might not be perfectly sealed with the chamber wall, which would lead to blow-by and inefficiency, though I have not opened up my friend's blowback chamber to look.

No idea about KJW guns I'm afraid but the propane I use with TM/KSC guns likes to spill out all over the place when charging especially if the nozzle isn't at the exact correct angle - it's quite easy at first to mis-judge when the mag is truely full.

I don't think you should have to, because I'm pretty sure you fill gas mag tanks with liquid propane... which will only fill with a certain amount of liquid, no more and no less.

Perhaps the valve was screwed up, or you weren't letting it fill for long enough?

Archived