ROF checker program

Pendra

Hi

I wrote this little programe for checking the RPM of the AS guns. You need a microphone. You should check the readme as well.

Tell me if you need some extra files to run it. I used extra components and that is always messy business.

You can DL the progi from here:

http://www.jovedelmigazolas.hu/xcom/files/ROFC.zip

There are plenty of ways to check the ROF. I tried to make the simplest and least expensive. You start the program, calibrate with one shot, fire in full auto and you are done.

Also I'd be interested how can you fire off 120-150 BBs from a highcap without dialing. Especially from a VN 190 mag.

Don't take it personally - Everyone's an expert, but they never need to actually prove it :D

Anyone who actually does the job deserves credit...

With AEGs firing 25 rps or so, firing for 10 seconds is going to be a challenge too (not to mention a waste of ammunition...now I understand how people claim 50,000 rounds through their AEGs :D) without winding. Not mention that, at that rate, getting an accurate ROF requires you to fire for EXACTLY a period of time, not ROUGHLY.

If all you want is a rough "is it 300 or 600 rpm", then timing by hand and counting is fine, but that's not the same as measuring...

Cheers.

I'm with snowman on this, this guys gone to all the effort of making this programme and has freely posted it here so anyone can download it and it seems to me some are acting all snooty saying theres better ways.

Ok so a chronograph might be able to do it, but they cost money. You can sit there and count out the remaining 250 odd bb's in a hi cap but, personally, i have better uses of an afternoon.

Pat on the back to Pendra for being decent i say.

Archived