Metal Gear...

smores

Is the Metal Gear (Solid) series the best action game series in existence?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Metal Gear (Solid) series the best action game series in existence?

• YES!
    • No.

Personally I feel MGS2 is one of the more realistic games....

...Also, it's filled with real-world guns that actually exist. They don't butcher the names like in other games, or make fake guns that never existed. I mean, how many other games have an AN-94? Or a Makarov? Or an RGB6?

If I want realism I play Ghost Recon or Raven Shield. Now that's realism.

In fact, They're so realistic that it's not actually fun. But if it's realism you want, you can't touch them.

Incidentally, even though it's older, I thought GR was better than RS. GR has you scuttling around deserted countryside to attack barns and running around in cities at war. Wide open areas make for impressive games. Very tense and absorbing.

yeah Ghost Recon and games like that are cool, but my comp isn't the fastest so I'm stuck playing PS2 for the most part. If I had a better computer maybe my opinions would change...

I don't know, maybe I'm stupid and should just go in a corner and die :(

the MGS series i my favorite game franchise of all time. i have never seen a more interesting storyline with as many F'ed up characters this side of the paperbacks. personally, i think splinter cell is ######. it's boring as hell, and the plot, from my experience, is just "go do this preassigned mission so we can save the world or whatever". whereas MGS is like "ok, we're gonna drop you off in the middle of nowhere with no weapons or equipment, and only a single goal to accomplish. oh yeah, watch out for psychics, vampires, and crazed russians. and plot twists. oh you'd best watch out for those plot twists. they'll kill ya as soon as look at ya."

i hate to brag, but i'm playing MGS3 rite now hahaha.

gotta tell ya tho.. i am soooo ###### off with Snake rite now :angry: grrrr i'm soo frustrated.. he must be gay or sumthing... (this is regarding certain story developments.. i don't want to spoil anything)

the game itself is freaking awesome tho. been playing it for 2days straight now stopping only for fear that my PS2 mite explode. altho i found that i spent most of my time intentionally getting caught just so i could kick some serious *albatross*, an then kill myself so i could do it all over again :lol:

the SAA rules! i mite just have to track down the airsoft model now :rolleyes:

In fact, They're so realistic that it's not actually fun.

yea well that'd be the reason why i'm playing MGS and not those games then. ;)

fyi, Splinter Cell bored the hell outta me

well, he can't be any worse than Raiden. I was actually beginning to think he wasn't that bad (in the BDU's), until my brother is like "go into first person view and punch"...... nothing can explain the gayness of his punching actions. Try it for yourself..

And in MGS3: you know that "Snake" is really Big Boss... since Liquid and Solid Snakes are clones of him, part of the "les enfants terribles" project..... well, just play all the games and you'll understand :)

If I want realism I play Ghost Recon or Raven Shield. Now that's realism.

In fact, They're so realistic that it's not actually fun. But if it's realism you want, you can't touch them.

Rainbow6 or Ghost Recon is realistic?? Sure the people move at normal speed, and the weapon models/physics/sound are fantastic, but the accuracy of everyone... well, I could understand that Rainbow teammates can draw a bead on any terrorist's head easily, but every terrorist in the game is a freaking expert marksman. (they actually miss once in a hundred times in Raven Shield, but in the eariler installments, they never miss) By the way, the friendly AI is still horrible horrible.

Sid, you ever tried SOCOM Navy SEALS II on PS2? I like that much better than both R6 and Ghost Recon. In fact, Navy SEALS II and MGSII (and the anticipated MGS3) were the reasons for me to get a PS2. :)

Ooh, how does SOCOM II compare to SOCOM? Not that I've finished SOCOM yet...

I've never played the first SOCOM (jumped right to SOCOM II), so I don't have first hand experience, but from what I heard, SOCOM II improved on character animation, and some other things. I really like SOCOM II (haven't finished it either). When you go into sniping mode, you hear your heartbeats, and when you go prone and hold still for a few seconds, your gun becomes steady, and I was amazed to snipe two enemy gaurds with one carefully lined up shot. :)

Rainbow6 or Ghost Recon is realistic??

There are no vampires, killer robots or clones.

To me, that's realism.

Incidentally, I agree, sort of, about RS although you can forgive GR because the you're suposed to be fighting another trained army.

And, no. I haven't played any PS2 games. The only console I own is a PS1 for playing Time Crisis and Worms on. :)

Archived