M4 Length Outer Barrel

O_RLY?.YA_RLY!

A few months ago I bought a G&P OPS Supressor for my CQBR. When I got it I notice the CQBR outer barrel would be too short to install the supressor, so i un-screwed the bottom of the supressor and tried it, then I noticed alot of resistance. So that meant the threads of the G&P may not be good for CA threads. I thought of replacing the barrel with a G&P M4 barrel but I only found entire RAS and RIS kits and I don't really feel like putting 120 bucks down for just a barrel. I started looking up M4 barrels and I found alot.

My first choice was this:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...rel%20for%20AEG

The Guarder M4 Outer barrel but then I noticed this:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...rel%20for%20AEG

Guarder outer barrel for M4 / RIS / SR16s. Whats the difference? And can anybody reccomend me a M4 length outer barrel for a CA CQBR (other than the M15a4 carbine barrel, since thats CA and I already tried G&P threads with CA threads and that didnt work) ?

And does anyone know how to remove the front site on a CQBR? I tried pushing out the pins but they seem like they are permenatly attatched.

The lightweight outer barrel is aluminum. The latter link is the middle section of an outer barrel and it only fits TM guns.

Are you sure you don't just have mixed CW and CCW threads? Have you tried the suppressor on other guns?

-Sale

The CQB front site , get a small punch and tap out pins, then theres a little grub screw under the

sling swivel, mine is a slot headed screw and i can just get in there without removing the sling swivel, which is an *albartroth* in its self! Cant understand why your suppressor wont fit, i had this on a marui rifle , i got a fine gauge wire brush and cleaned the thread up, it has alot of paint on it, add some silicone spray and keep working it on and off getting it a little further each time, be careful not to cross thread as the OPS is Aluminium and the Barrel is steel i think, its alot harder anyway, this is all assuming you have the right thread as above CCW not CW.

The package says for Marui M4 and M733 so i assume is CCW. Does anyone know if stock CA threads are CW or CCW?

And when i got the Supressor half on, i noticed it was crooked ;)

Id say as a rule CCW, but my 249 is CW, anyways sounds like its cross threading, try the wire brush

it does work.Can you try it on any other weapon.

Archived