movies! important...

somethingmustdie

i am not a computer geek, or a video game junkie. but i have been a serious famnof id softwares work. i do play a rediculous amount of resident evil games and doom series games when i cant sleep though.

we all watch movies. we all like movies that dont suck. resident evil was in my opinion a very cool/well done (for being from a video game) movie. house of the dead was *beep* trash. well anyways. i dont know if theres any other "doomers" in here but a grave mistake is about to be made by hollywood. and i would appreciate it if we can turn our attention to a link http://www.dmop.co.nr

and hopefully prevent a huge mistake...thanks.

and i know this should be in the off-topic forums. so dont say that.

What sort of relevance does this have to Airsoft? And if you KNOW it should be in the Off-Topic Forum, why didn't you post there...

*the tingly sensation of his first thread-lock of doom prophecy...*

BTW, I am very confused by your post and I have no idea what you are talking about...

What sort of relevance does this have to Airsoft? And if you KNOW it should be in the Off-Topic Forum, why didn't you post there...

*the tingly sensation of his first thread-lock of doom prophecy...*

BTW, I am very confused by your post and I have no idea what you are talking about...

;) same here.

The Hollywood movie makers have decided that using computer games as the basis for films is a nice money maker and are in production on the DOOM movie, the movie makers have looked at the plot for DOOM and decided that RESIDENT EVIL would make a more interesting plot for DOOM :blink:

but having said all that this has nothing whatsoever to do with airsoft and should indeed be in the off topic forum. ;)

Compair this !

WHAT A SITE SAYS

Plot Outline: In the year 2145, a group of Marines on Phobos, the moon of Mars, face off against monsters who infiltrate their base after an experiment goes seriously awry.

WHAT THE PEDITATION SAYS

a) Taking place on an unknown planet. (ie: No Mars) What was so hard about the location of this movie? Doom takes place on Mars, yet the movie does not. As far as movie sets go, one planet looks the same as the other, so there's simply no excuse to leave this out.

B) Having nothing to do with Hell, instead having the monsters and zombies origin being the result of a virus. This is a completely undermining the point of the game entirely, Doom pivoting plot point is that Hell invades, without it the movie is not Doom and can't even pretend to be Doom. Rather it's just a rehash of a tired sci-fi cliche with the Doom name for a title. If we wanted to see a simple horror-sci-fi movie, we'd watch Event Horizon.

c) Supposedly involving S.W.A.T. Team members instead of Space Marines. As stated before, something so simple as what the name of the uniformed soldiers in the movie didn't even try hold continuity. There's no reason or purpose to change Space Marines, which is Doom's staple, to something different. It's just bad taste and bad scripting.

d) Having no UAC (Union Aerospace Commission) involved in the movie. Though unconfirmed, this would be another key element of the Doom saga left out.

e) Several minor issues, such as the BFG (Big F*ing Gun) now renamed to "Bio Force Gun." As well as all the great DooM Hellspawn such as the Pinky Demon, the Baron of Hell and several others being played by Human characters, and given uncreative names like "Pinky" and "Goat" and "Baron." This is not only uncreative, but rather creating a movie without the Doom plotline and letting it stand "as-is", this movie makes deliberate nods and references to the game, like it's trying so hard to be true to the game, but falls short because the plot has nothing to do with the game at all. Why even bother calling the personnel by gimmicky little nicknames so we can tell what they'll mutate to? Again, just bad scripting and character casting.

It looks like that the peditation is completly wrong in all ways

not my first thread, and i said i knew it should be in the off topic. i figured itd get moved to where it should be. see im usually intoxicated late night/ early morning while im working on the comp or just *beep* around. so i apologize. but the stuff the petition site says is correct, everything has been confimed by wrtiers/ producers of the film. this movie is going to take doom and turn it into a biohazard/resident evil/aliens knock off. gay.

I imagine a bunch of Hollywood moguls dreaming of a cross between ALIENS and 13 GHOSTS.

Oh dear.

The Irony is that when id invented Doom it was deliberately supposed to be a horrifically, unfeasibly, unrealistically, cheesy storyline.

Besides that, if they do make it, the movie MUST end with a rabbits head on a stake.

Hollywood's going to make a movie that will be nothing like it's source material?

*Looks at Batman movies, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Mario Brothers, Captain America, The Punisher, etc.*

I find that very hard to believe. I think the producers of this movie will be determined to produce the finest movie possible, whilst remaining true to the original Doom.

[/sarcasm]

Archived