Systema Mecha-box M120 & 1J versions?

Jay L.Macrae

Ok, here's the thing: Quite a long time ago, I bought myself a WGC Custom M733.

It was one of the earlyest units built by WGC and therefore it had some really FUBAR'ed internals.

I tried to fix the POS on several occasions but to no avail, and so I started looking for a new gear box set.

It seems that my only choice is the Systema Mecha-box, since there aren't any other decent complete gear boxes around. I hope it's because they're really good, but here I'd rather like to hear your opinions, to the BS I get from the retailers.

So, yeah... I'd like to hear about your experience with the Sys. mecha-box and about anything you've heard about it.

And if anyone has already tried to fit one into a G&P metal body, any comments on that would be very appreciated.

Well I don't have the complete gearbox, but my gun does have a LOT of Systema parts inside. They all are very well made and have lasted quite a long while. The make very nice and long lasting internals. You should have no problem with the reliablilty of the parts. As for the fitting into the metal body, I can't help there.

Yes, EvOrAcEr, I am aware of the finesse of the TM and CA boxes.

Unfortunately the TM unreinforced box shell itself is quite a "No, No" here, because we tend to play all year around, including during winter times, with down to -15*C and you probably know what would happen to a TM box then.

A fully assembled CA box would probably be up to the task, but the simple fact is that CA doesn't produce them separately (fully assembled) and I don't want no chinaman (no offence meant) assembling one for me, at some retailers ( the experience I got from WGC), just to have it torn apart once it gets here.

Now the Systema boxes (Link) are appealing to me only, because they're assembled on one production line, that at least has some kind of quality control.

The idea of this topic is to find out how good that quality control is? And that's why I'd really like to hear some more comments from people who have had experience with them.

Any suggestions on what else to buy instead are also welcome, but I'd rather like to receive them via PM, to prevent this thread going off topic.

Thank you.

Hey there,

I do not have first hand experience with pre-built systema gearboxes, but from the one person I do know that installed one into his own replica, in this case being a TM MC-51, he had no issues and is very content with his purchase. He wished to upgrade the entire gearbox + internals instead of going through the trouble of learning and hassle of upgrading just the innards. His username on these forums is FerretKiller, if you'd like to give him a PM.

Like I said, I don't know if fitting it in a G&P metal body would be an issue, but I'd give Ferret a PM about how it has held up (or not). Hope it helps.

Archived