Two new rifles

gunlady

Hi Danjoswal,

I spoke to my supplier and he reckons they're terrific. A lot of metal on these babies and if it goes pear shaped then the TM gearbox will drop straight in (he says...). I don't think he'd say that if it didn't because he knows I'd fall on him like a ton of bricks and I'm a very good customer.

I'm certainly getting one after the Bank holiday, as well as the CM.020 (Sig clone) and a BOYI Knights M4 SR-16 Carbine. After that an M16 variant of some sort, a CYMA CM.025 SD6 and a BOYI M4 RIS U.S. Socom Assault Carbine plus a VB Sport M83 B-2. That should put me up to about 17 guns

After using these two rifles he recommended I will now take his word for it, they're shooting great, both hit the wall at the end of the garden with a whack that my partner can hear in the house, and that's 35 yards away. I tried my TM AK47S and they were shooting as well.

Go to the site :-

http://www.airshooter.co.uk

or call 0208 595 2298 for a chat. It may take a while to get through, as it did me, he;s so busy, but keep at it.

Mention my real name, Angela, he'll know you're from the forum then.

Gunlady

Hey thanks alot, i guess i'll be getting one of those! lol. Yeah i'll give him a call next week. Would i have to get a tm mp5j gearbox? or are the TM mp5 gearboxes all the same size? This will be my first aeg so i have no idea whats what lol.

thanks again, Dan.

Hey thanks alot, i guess i'll be getting one of those! lol. Yeah i'll give him a call next week. Would i have to get a tm mp5j gearbox? or are the TM mp5 gearboxes all the same size? This will be my first aeg so i have no idea whats what lol.

thanks again, Dan.

Hi Danjoswal,

No, there's no need to get a spare gearbox, the one in the MP is a metal one. If it ever goes wrong, then.....

You have options.

The new breed(s) of Chinese guns are much better than the originals and I am impressed and will be buying some more in to fill some gaps in my collection.

Gunlady

Hi Danjoswal,

No, there's no need to get a spare gearbox, the one in the MP is a metal one. If it ever goes wrong, then.....

You have options.

The new breed(s) of Chinese guns are much better than the originals and I am impressed and will be buying some more in to fill some gaps in my collection.

Gunlady

Ok thanks alot. I'd +1 you but i think i need more posts or something before i can do that. Thanks again, you have been very helpful.

Dan

The 240-260fps (with 0.2's) quote on actionhobby was done with a chrono apparently. Guy i know spoke to actionhobby's on the phone the other night and he told him then.

Hi 5thElement,

Yep, I can believe it. It's a good gun for the price and I'm certainly not complaining. I keep picking up and shooting it every now and then just to make sure!

I' happy to go with some more 'cheapies' to see what they're like and have a shopping list ready for the beginning of June.

These will be:-

BOYI Knights M4 RS-16 carbine

Cyma CM.020 (replces a Sig 552)

Cyma CM.027J (MP5A5 clone)

Cyma CM.025 SD6

BOYI M4 RIS US Socom carbine

VB Sport M85 (possible)

So hopefully plenty of fun next month!

Gunlady

Hi 5thElement,

Yep, I can believe it. It's a good gun for the price and I'm certainly not complaining. I keep picking up and shooting it every now and then just to make sure!

I' happy to go with some more 'cheapies' to see what they're like and have a shopping list ready for the beginning of June.

These will be:-

BOYI Knights M4 RS-16 carbine

Cyma CM.020 (replces a Sig 552)

Cyma CM.027J (MP5A5 clone)

Cyma CM.025 SD6

BOYI M4 RIS US Socom carbine

VB Sport M85 (possible)

So hopefully plenty of fun next month!

Gunlady

Keep in mind a few of those are lpeg's and dont put out anywhere near the power of the CM028/XM8/CM027J, thats not to say they're not good though, i've got the cm023 lpeg (mp5j) and its a bloody well made gun for the price, decent rof, just low powered, but ideal for using indoors.

Dont suppose you got any pics of your XM8? :)

I've got the BOYI M4 RIS US Socom carbine, its a good rifle I plan to do a bit of shopping now definatly getting the XM8.

Hi Madnuke,

Thanks for that info, it's reassuring to know about things you're looking at buying.

I can't wait to get my hands on these new guns, but with the Bank holiday coming in I will wait for a few days.

Cheers, Gunlady.

Keep in mind a few of those are lpeg's and dont put out anywhere near the power of the CM028/XM8/CM027J, thats not to say they're not good though, i've got the cm023 lpeg (mp5j) and its a bloody well made gun for the price, decent rof, just low powered, but ideal for using indoors.

Dont suppose you got any pics of your XM8? :)

As I don't skirmish the power of a gun isn't quite so important as it would be for you guys, so I don't mind one or two being on the low side.

I do have some pictures of the XM8, I'll get them resized and put them up. Where's the best place?

Gunlady

Hi Madnuke,

Thanks for that info, it's reassuring to know about things you're looking at buying.

I can't wait to get my hands on these new guns, but with the Bank holiday coming in I will wait for a few days.

Cheers, Gunlady.

Hi, I made a sort of review when I got it lots of pictures there.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=61462

Here is one of mine. The scope is off because I am trying to fit a red dot scope in it. :D

Edit: The other thing in the picture is my hockey stick.

That's in black! Wow, nice one. All the ones here seem to be 2-tone.

How did you manage to get the sight off?

xm8all3mj.jpg

xm8hopupaccess1rc.jpg

xm8foreend4ef.jpg

xm8triggergrip1be.jpg

Thanks to imageshack for their help.

Gunlady

It came as a two tone gun but I did't like it and so painted it green and then topped it off with a light layer of black. The picture doesn't show it very well. As to getting the scope off I'll post a picture of that in a while--when I get them taken. :)

Right, I see, that explains it.

I have just posted some piccies of both the guns on this thread.

I'll be very interested in the sight mod.

Thanks,

Gunlady

After you get the gun down to just this piece, the first picture, you have to, now look at the second picture, take the two screws out that you can see. Then there are two more smaller screws on the side. You also have to remove the front piece that you pull back that allows you to see the hop up unit. Pull the piece out that you can see the spring in--it's a pretty big piece. Then as it's held togither by plastic "pins" i pulled it apart. Two of them were glued together and broke, but it stays together fine.

If these are a unclear say so and I'll try to write clearer ones.

Edit: it didn't let me do both pictures so here's the better one. I hope to get the sight in soon, but I'm running into troubles.

post-13781-1148584533_thumb.jpg

After you get the gun down to just this piece, the first picture, you have to, now look at the second picture, take the two screws out that you can see. Then there are two more smaller screws on the side. You also have to remove the front piece that you pull back that allows you to see the hop up unit. Pull the piece out that you can see the spring in--it's a pretty big piece. Then as it's held togither by plastic "pins" i pulled it apart. Two of them were glued together and broke, but it stays together fine.

If these are a unclear say so and I'll try to write clearer ones.

Edit: it didn't let me do both pictures so here's the better one. I hope to get the sight in soon, but I'm running into troubles.

Heck, that sounds like a major strip for one picture! Your pixx shows the gun well stripped down and I think the small lever is a casting on the right side of the frame, but I'm not sure.

Think I'll leave well alone.

But thanks anyway.

Gunlady

Heck, that sounds like a major strip for one picture! Your pixx shows the gun well stripped down and I think the small lever is a casting on the right side of the frame, but I'm not sure.

Think I'll leave well alone.

But thanks anyway.

Gunlady

It's only four push pins to get it down to that piece. Two to get the handguard off. One to get the butstock off and one little black one that lets you take the top receiver off of the bottom receiver. ;)

Cheers for the pictures GunLady :)

Glad to be able to pictures up now. It took a while for me to work it out, but now I have it.

Also, you may have seen me mention the launcher not being very securely fastened at the rear.

This was because the tiny screw at the top of the front 2-part clamp was only a short one and I found it didn't hold the clamp together very well, a screw into a plastic mount isn't a good idea anyway.

So I used a 10ba nut and bolt and this has allowed me to tighten the front clamp up much more and as I do to also push the launcher back tight up against the receiver front end. It's now nice and tight.

Gunlady

Archived