TM Uzi today

gunlady

off topic, but damn gunlady, everytime I come here your always posting about new toys you've gotten, honestly, I'm jealous at your seemingly un-limited funds for airsoft!

Hi The End,

I reckon you're in America? Just a guess....

Yes, I am a bit prolific! But time here in the UK is getting seriously limited and as a collector I will not be included in any consessions this government make (if any) to the re-enactment and skirmishing community once the VCR Bill comes into effect.

Catch while you can....

Gunlady

I am unsure, but BE XM8 batteries are reversed polarity, I am unsure about CYMA batteries also. If you are using a Chinese cheapie batteries to test make sure you have the connectors of the right polarity.

if not then swap the connectors in the sockets. Red --> red, Black --> black.

Else just charge up any old "normal" 8.4v with the mini tamiya/kyosho connectors and fire it up.

Its not usual that an UZI dies for no apparent reason.

I am unsure, but BE XM8 batteries are reversed polarity, I am unsure about CYMA batteries also.  If you are using a Chinese cheapie batteries to test make sure you have the connectors of the right polarity.

if not then swap the connectors in the sockets.  Red --> red, Black --> black.

Else just charge up any old "normal" 8.4v with the mini tamiya/kyosho connectors and fire it up.

Its not usual that an UZI dies for no apparent reason.

Hi 3vil-D4n,

I know what you're driving at.

The battery was one I ordered with a TM AK47S from a very reputable store. It is the correct and good quality battery for a TM gun.

As the Uzi is also a TM there should be no problem. I did not use one of the Cyma batteries for the test.

Secondly as long as the leads are black-black red-red on both connectors the power will be going round the right way (so to speak) and not reversed.

Some Cyma guns have black-black/white leads inside the gun, but TM do not, and in any case the plugs are not reversable.

But thanks for the suggestion...

Gunlady

I think he ment taking the wires out of the plug and swapping them round. When my friend makes batteries for his RC cars he usually gets them the wrong way round even though he's been doing it for years :)

Hi,

The trouble with doing this is that if the wires are actually the right way round, which as they are both TM's is very likely, that by reversing them you can cause a lot of damage, and that won't be covered under gaurantee.

I found this out with one of the cheaper rifles I bought recently when I plugged the battery into my big charger, it blew it! The unit was set up correctly but as the battery was wired back to front I had pos to neg - bang!

So no, not a new gun. Let the supplier sort it out.

Gunaldy

I didn't really think that the polarity would be the problem. If they were already the wrong way round then you would able to see the damage.

Are you going to get a replacemnt then?

Hi CobalSky,

Yeah, having the leads on the wrong way round would cause the gun to suck rounds in instead of firing them!

Kidding, of course....

Yeh, I hope that this one can be fixed because I got it under price due to some box damage. Otherwise I'll have to buy a full price TM.... ouch!

Gunlady

Archived