MGS3 cqc knife?

phoenix360mute

hey everyone, i was thinking about getting one of the CQC knife's that snake has in mgs3, i wanted it to finish off my custom 1911, only problem is i cant find a good picture of it, nor do i know where to get one, any help would be appreciated n this

P.S didn't know where to put this, so if its in the wrong thread, please feel free to move it)

I'm not exactly sure on what particular knife it was, but you can never go wrong with a Ka-Bar, especially in black

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/M0ldyM1lk/kabar.jpg

But seeing the scenerio of the game, a hunting/survival knife would probably fit the niche a bit better, like this one I have

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/M0ld...ture_003jpg.jpg

It's got matches, fishing line, hooks, and weights in the handle. Pretty schnazy.

Here, you all you need is to visit a military surplus store, and some sporting goods stores may have them... Though I have no idea where one could obtain these in the UK...

But seeing the scenerio of the game, a hunting/survival knife would probably fit the niche a bit better, like this one I have

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/M0ld...ture_003jpg.jpg

It's got matches, fishing line, hooks, and weights in the handle. Pretty schnazy.

:rofl: Sorry, but... oh, the irony!

Sigint: Ah, you're using the survival knife.

Snake: Yeah. This thing provides me with all the bare essentials I need to

survive in the field.

Sigint: Hey, wait. What'd you do with the knife I made you? That was a work of

art. It had matches and fishhooks and thread and stuff in the grip.

Snake: Sorry to have to tell you this, but that thing is useless in a fight.

Sigint: No way! Really?

Snake: Yeah. When the grip is hollowed out like that, there's not as much

space to stabilize the blade. So the joint between the blade and the grip is

weaker. That makes it easier to break.

Sigint: I get it. You're right - with your knife, you don't have to worry

about it breaking no matter how much you swing it around. So the important

thing is durability... Man, I gotta write this stuff down. Next time, I'll

make the it so the matches and fishhooks go in the sheath instead.

Snake: ...

I think Snake was using a custom blade. I've got a boot knife that looks similar to Snake's CQC blade, maybe I could make a mould for a rubber version?

:zorro:

i have no idea, i'm not inexperianced with knives, but i'm not an expert either, so i dont reall know what would go well with a gun :)

Allow me to illustrate, TM SiG P226 with Ka-Bar:

veidihrafngrnbrt.jpg

EDIT: And I'm not as fat as I appear: I didn't have the harness fitted properly, so it made the belt droop in front. Combined with me leaning over and the excess BDU front filling out like that... yeah.

I need to get new pictures.

All that you really need is a strong knife with a flat handle (Most Ka-Bars and SOGs won't do because of their thick grips).

I have to suggest this one because I like anything with the Hk logo on it :D

Also, in the game Snake cuts a little groove into the handle to stabalize the knife. I don't have a picture, but you might want to do something like that for effectiveness/realism.

Didnt Snake have cord wrapped around the grip of his CQC knife?

imo any cheap knife off ebay would do as long as it looked about right seeing as it'd need copying in rubber to be skirmish safe and it could be made to look better when it was being molded

Archived