calling all airgun owners

kickasspartan117

okay so, right now I have a vsr-10 upgraded to around 500 fps and I bearly ever use it in games. Pretty much the only thing I use it for is target practice. I got a hold of a gamo airgun catologe and Im pretty interested in selling my vsr and buying a airgun. Im willing to spend up to $300 on one. My questions are:

What, in your opinion is the best air gun? I have done a little research and Im thinking about getting a Hunter 440 or shadow 1000 (bolth gamo). They bolth shoot 1000 fps with .177 cal. pellets and they bolth have rifled berrels. Are there any other guns that you would recomend?

Whats the range on a pellet rifle shooting about 1000 fps? 300 yards Im guessing? I really have no idea.

Whats the diffrence between .117 and .22 caliber. It looks like a gun that shoots 1000 fps with .117 caliber will shoot 750-800fps with .22 caliber. Will the 22 give me more range? More accuracy?

Thank you for any help

A .177 BB is smaller then a .22 Caliber BB, Obviously.

A .22 will be heavier and bigger then a .177, but they travel at lower speeds.

As for the range..Im not to sure.

I have an 800 fps .177 caliber Air gun, with rifled barrel..While I haven't done any tests, the manual claims it will go 300 feet. So as to your guess of 900 feet..I wouldn't count on it ;-)

But then again, there are different types of BBs, which will give different kinds of performance.

What will you be using it for? I could probably recommend what type of BB/Pellet to use =)

A .177 BB is smaller then a .22 Caliber BB, Obviously.

I'm guessing you mean pellet, as 177 bb's are a tad pointless, and I'm not aware of anyone that makes them in 22.

Anyway, just a suggestion, register on airgunbbs, where they actually know what they're talking about...............

:P

And I wouldn't really recommend gamo, they're alright, but nothing special

I had a very bad experience with Gamo, both rifles i've got from them have broken and their 100£ scopes and sights just keep re-adjusting themselves to the lightest tap, also their magnum point, 177 cal ammunition is the worst I ever used.

My second air rifle from Gamo shot about 1 meter of target at a range of 6-7 meters. My first other one just stopped working.

My third air rifle was a BSA, and it's the best air rifle I used. It's a

22 cal Meteor, it's the most accurate air rifle out of my collection, and it was alot cheaper than my Gamo air rifles that broke, and it's still kicking stronger than ever.

In my opinion, it would be better to go for another brand, like BSA or Webly.

Archived