CQB, a how to guide?

lilwoggy

a friend of mine is in the cadets and is the leader of his team (or something like that, im not sure cos im not involved) and is wanting to teach his team about CQB

i said i would help him out in this because he has a million other things to do so.

anyway, i was hoping that someone would be able to help we with, or even show me a guide on...

- how to clear a room

- warehouse battles (mainly just a CQB in a giant warehouse full of useless junk as obstacles and cover)

- urban battles

thanx for anything

PS. did a search, the only thing i got remotley close was tips for CQB so please no tips on going around corners and similar.

I think thats a bit too in depth for an airsoft team, my reccomendation would be to do live fire practices...

Try 'Hostage Rescue Manual' by Leroy Thompson. It deals mainly with containment and negotiation of a hostage scenario but it does have a chapter on building entry and room clearance. The clearance drills are based on a five-man team but could easily be adapted to fit whatever size team you're using.

I also seem to remember Combat and Survival magazine doing several features on FIBUA/MOUT tactics although it was a while ago.

Archived