WTO for teh fail!

GuzziHero

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Another victory against financial enslavement of the globe!

---

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/busines..._to_global_woes

Highlights:

"The indefinite suspension of World Trade Organization talks announced Monday is a major setback for international efforts to break down protectionist trade barriers and boost world economic growth, especially in poorer nations."

You mean they cant *yet* rape more of the poorer nations in pursuit of filthy lucre?

"The unexpected collapse of the WTO's Doha trade round, following disagreements on farm trade among the world's top six trading powers...looks set to worsen current global woes, marked by escalating Mideast violence and increasingly strained relations between Iran and western nations."

So the US religious extremist agenda in the Middle East (not so much a policy as a blind-mans buff with a machinegun) has NOTHING to do with the ME's dislike of predatory western looters...sorry, governments?

"the talks had come to a halt after Washington refused to slash billions of dollars of trade-distorting subsidies paid out to farmers."

Oh, dont worry...they wouldnt lose the loot for long...those nations would be paying back vultures like the World Bank for such 'generosity' for some years to come. Like forever...

"But their current rift in the WTO comes on top of divergent transatlantic views on the Middle East conflict, with EU nations backing Lebanese calls for an immediate ceasefire and the US saying it wants to focus on eliminating the root causes of the conflict before there is a cessation of hostilities."

Translation: The US and UK havent yet made enough money selling bombs and guns over there.

"could damage the WTO multilateral trading system, based on the principle of non-discrimination among nations."

WTO doesnt discriminate...they want EVERY country to be a slave-state.

Actually the WTO is one of the few worldwide bodies the US actually pay attention to now (though how long this will last is anyones guess.)

Part of the reason the Doha preposals fell flat on their face was due to the problems at the Cancun meeting in 2003 when a tonne of the developing nations simply walked out because they weren't getting exactly what they wanted (which didn't help their cause.)

With these specific preposals it was actually the EU (with France as its ring leader) who were screwing up the proceedings. The US was willing at one point to give up some of its subsidies, the EU wasn't. As a result the US saw little incentive removing them as it was going to get an influx of imports, without the gains from exports to the EU.

The US has done some pretty stupid things recently but this one wasn't really due to them.

Yes, unfortunately the government of the United Corporate States of America are unlikely to hinder the WTO. They want it to continue as planned so they can complete their total domination of the planet.

Americans - I feel sorry for you having such a greedy corrupt government :( We have the Teletubbies, you have the Bush cabinet!

ROFL!

Sorry if it seems Im a bit...depressing, I guess...when it comes to corporate politics. The unfair balance of power just really frustrates me. I believe in justice and fairness which there doesnt seem to be much of right now :( and I believe that the dissolution of corporations is the core of true democracy.

Its not just communism thats dead...capitalism is dying too :(

unfortunately, capitalism is far from dying.

Capitalism is a system that allows and encourages corruption and injustice. its essential credo is "do unto others because they are weaker". This is why it remains so popular, as it allows people to be vicious cut-throats while not actually having to feel bad about it, because its "good for business."

That's humanity for you. Justice is for whoever can afford the best lawyers, unfortunately...

Archived