Skimboarding!

HeavensSniper

Hey everyone! In the summer I am not usually available for airsoft, so I have to resort to the beach. Surf and skim. Nice. Anyway, after spending some time on the Skim Online forums (They call them "Message Boards," how lame...) I was interested if anyone who skims as a hobby. Post it up if you do and tell us what you are riding for a board.

Ive had a go at it a couple of times in the past and man dose it hurt! Dunno what board i was using but my tecnique was all rong. Its unlike any other board sport i have ever done. However the few times i had a good run it was great! Cant wait to give it another pain filled go :D !

Cheers

Evert72

being a big surfing fan, I have tried this and it has to be the fastest way to get yourself into casualty.

Its done by lobbing a bit of shaped plywood down the beach in the very fringes of the sea and then running and jumping on said plywood. Whereby you normally go face first into the sand.

some people manage to ride the board for a while before face planting.

Personally, get a real surfboard and dont be a cheapskate jessie.

being a big surfing fan, I have tried this and it has to be the fastest way to get yourself into casualty.

Its done by lobbing a bit of shaped plywood down the beach in the very fringes of the sea and then running and jumping on said plywood. Whereby you normally go face first into the sand.

some people manage to ride the board for a while before face planting.

Personally, get a real surfboard and dont be a cheapskate jessie.

I surf, boogie board, bodysurf, kneeboard, any thing that gets me in the water or in the ocean I pretty much do it. I can tell you from experience that skimboarding is not a "Cheapskate jessie" sport, because most of the quality boards are anywhere from $150 to upwards of $500. Most of the time you don't actually fall, and when you do it is when you were trying to do a trick at the spur of the moment. It is also hardly a peice of plywood. Most people start on boards they get from a junk store that are, infact, made of plywood. If you end up sticking with it and actually putting time into it, you end up buying something for wave riding. Here is some videos you guys can check out that are both flatland and wave riding (Flatland being in pools by the beach of rivers, and wave riding being extremely close to surfing).

There is more videos to choose from in the right corner of the screen. Just pick a few and watch them, they really are great.

Yea, mine's one of those cheapo Target jobs. Despite this, I get rides as good as many people with higher quality boards, though I have run over my ankles countless times due to my board being far too small for me (it *fruitcage*in hurts, though, it' like getting hit in the ankles with a hardwood two by four).

Those guys in that Vid are pretty good Heavens. Indeed it looks similar to surfing, although I must admit the waves do look a lot better than the ones we get over here.

How close to they break to the beach!! Generally I have to paddle out past 10-20m of white water before I reach any decent surf (if there is any).

Plus the beaches near me do not slope off quite so much (which accounts for the long breakwater).

Looks good, but I doubt you'll get me doing it. I am a fat lard @ss, long boarding is my game.

Skimming is weak, you should go kiteboarding instead, even though it might cost you an arm and a leg to buy all the gear

Yeah, I have always had an interest for kiteboarding, but for now skimboarding will do the trick. If you guys want to visit a forum here is a link to the Skim Online Message Boards. http://209.200.226.154/forum/index.php

If you want flatland skimboarding (Not wave riding) visit: www.inlandskim.com

Archived