ICS M4 C15 And Mags

Eddie182

There's a rumour going around that ICS guns only work with ICS mag's I'm not sure where this came from but it's b0ll0cks.

Other guys at my site have CA and TM armalites and we swap ammo all the time without any problems. There are also G&P mags and Star mags around too. They all work pretty much the same.

If you want to get really picky, the ICS mag's drop out when you press the button but most of the others require pulling free. They're not tight but are tighter.

I read somewhere that the ICS mags don't fit as far into the mag-well as other Armalites. This is cobblers. If this WAS the case then The ICS gun wouldn't feed from any mag other than it's own, which it does.

[edit]

And, as usual, I'll state my usual case for the ICS M4. It's just as powerful as the CA M15 and comes with a bunch of extra features and no drawbacks.

Buy the ICS gun unless you desperately need a black gun rather than a dark grey one.

The ICS is a good gun (i have the M16) the only problem I have found with it is that the ejection port cover flips open easily if you knock it by accident.

Did you read my review?

I found exactly the same thing. Pop the rear receiver pin, whip out the upper gearbox and, when you pull the charging handle back, you'll be able to get to the inner lip of the ejection port and give it a rub with some sandpaper to remove the casting residue. That made mine a helluva lot better.

If you find it's hard to get at because of the charging handle and fake bolt, whip the carry-handle off, undo the screws which hold the weaver rail on and you'll be able to unhook the charging handle spring and it'll just flop back out of the way.

Just thought I'd share that. :)

Thanks for the reply Sid.

I must say, the only thing that puts me off the ICS rifle is the extra cost. Even though I plan to buy from Redwolf it's still a bit expensive compared to the CA rifle.

And as I'm only going to raise £100 by selling my SR-16 and TM M203 I'm still on a budget.

I could get the ICS rifle, but I may mean I wouldn't be able to get the SP M203 or I may have to get fewer moscarts/extra mags etc.

Only got 6 lo-caps and 3 G&P mid-caps (Which feed really badly) so I really need to get a few more.

Ummm...

Dunno about HK prices but in the UK the difference between CA and ICS is about £10.

Surely the difference isn't so much as to stop you buying all that extra stuff?

Mind you, I am only thinking of the basic rifle, rather than the C15 version. I guess the difference might be that big after all.

I wouldn't swap my ICS M4 for a CA one now though, not even if I was offered £50 cash back.

Maybe it is just me but I try to fire in semi as much as possible and I get jams quite often. The ICS gun is the only one I own which I'm totally comfortable doing this with. With all the others I dread pulling the trigger and hearing silence!

I know I'm biased but I really do see the ICS M4 as a whole new generation of gun to any other. If you have the opportunity to buy one and pass it up, it's like choosing to buy a nice new horse rather than spending a bit more on a model T ford.

Yeah, tried a squirt of silicon, to the point it was dipping out the bottom of the mag. Help a bit, but I still only get the first half of the mag before I have to start hitting the thing to get the rounds to feed a bit.

Maybe it will get better as I use them and the springs have softened.

Did you read my review?

I found exactly the same thing. Pop the rear receiver pin, whip out the upper gearbox and, when you pull the charging handle back, you'll be able to get to the inner lip of the ejection port and give it a rub with some sandpaper to remove the casting residue. That made mine a helluva lot better.

If you find it's hard to get at because of the charging handle and fake bolt, whip the carry-handle off, undo the screws which hold the weaver rail on and you'll be able to unhook the charging handle spring and it'll just flop back out of the way.

Just thought I'd share that. :)

Yeah, I did read the review, which is when I decided I was definatly getting it - I seemed to remember reading about that, but when I skimmed the review earlier on today I didnt see it. Thanks for that, as soon as I get some sand paper I will give it a go.

That'd be why then.

Think I've decided on the ICS rifle. Looks like the mag problem is a myth.

And if they really are better than CA, then I'll spend the extra few quid. I can always buy the Star laser & light unit another time. Not exactly essential after all.

Cheers for the advice guys. It is much appreciated.

Redwolf state on their site in the description that it only works with ICS mags.

There's a lot of nonsense on the redwolf site.

You've only got to read the drivel about how ICS have worked so hard to accurately replicate the weight and design of the M4. It's a well-known fact that the ICS M4 receiver is about 10mm longer than every other one in production. No big deal but it proves that Redwolf talk cr@p.

You've also got to ask yourself how come half the ICS guns have this warning and the other half don't and yet all ICS Armalites are based on the same receiver?

I got the ICS M4 from Z1 today (everyone kept saying I was being a bit daft by going for the L85 as my first ... and the ICS was the only other rifle that really interested me, solid weight, split gear box, all metal etc).

Put a bit of velcro tape in the inside well to stop the mag from wobbling/rattling and took the spring on the ejection port cover out (cant see any sign of residue casting on the ejection port cut out). Now I just need to learn how to aim, hard when I live in a flat thats around 4.5 metres in depth.

Archived