Metal Slide TM Mk23

Stealthbomber

Not really a project. Just an FYI...

I just took a TM Mk23 and a KSC Mk23 to bits to compare the slides.

The good news is it should be pretty easy to fit the KSC slide (and, thus, a Zeke metal slide) onto a TM Mk23.

All it'll take is to grind a few gaps into the lower edge of the slide. This would be pretty easy. Just use a dremel and copy the TM slide.

The important bit, which amazed me, is that the internal castings of the KSC and TM slide are almost identical. The GBB chamber fits into exactly the same space as the NBB chamber on the TM gun. The slides are, pretty much, identical internally.

The only thing that'll stop you building a TM Mk23 with a metal slide is the small things. You'll need to obtain the front and rear sights off a KSC Mk23 and fit them to your Zeke slide, which means purchasing a KSC Mk23 as well.

I doubt anybody really cares about fitting a metal slide to a TM Mk23 that much.

It can be done though. for sure.

• 1 year later...
Not really a project. Just an FYI...

I just took a TM Mk23 and a KSC Mk23 to bits to compare the slides.

The good news is it should be pretty easy to fit the KSC slide (and, thus, a Zeke metal slide) onto a TM Mk23.

All it'll take is to grind a few gaps into the lower edge of the slide. This would be pretty easy. Just use a dremel and copy the TM slide.

The important bit, which amazed me, is that the internal castings of the KSC and TM slide are almost identical. The GBB chamber fits into exactly the same space as the NBB chamber on the TM gun. The slides are, pretty much, identical internally.

The only thing that'll stop you building a TM Mk23 with a metal slide is the small things. You'll need to obtain the front and rear sights off a KSC Mk23 and fit them to your Zeke slide, which means purchasing a KSC Mk23 as well.

I doubt anybody really cares about fitting a metal slide to a TM Mk23 that much.

It can be done though. for sure.

I'm interested in doing this, have you done yours yet?

• 2 weeks later...
side question: will it be too much work to make the TM into a blowback?

zT :assassin:

???

Yes - an emense amount, buy a Ksc if you want a blowback Socom... the TM is extremely popular for exactly what it is.

Anyhow, i too would definately be interested in a metal slide TM MK23...

If you give this project a go ahead please keep us informed.

AP.

side question: will it be too much work to make the TM into a blowback?

zT :assassin:

I think you mean to put the KSC blowback system into the TM? It wouldn't work, or...it would be a rediculous amount of work, and stupid...cuz the fact that it's nbb pretty much makes the gun how awesome it is. As Armourpiercing said.

sorry for double post, wouldn't let me edit.

TBH, this isn't exactly top of my list of things to do.

I bought a UNCo custom Mk23 and, mostly out of interest, tried swapping the slide across.

As I said, the mechanism of the TM gun WILL fit inside the KSC slide. The problem is that you need to dremel gaps in the slide rails to do stuff like slot the barrel assembly into place.

This kinda thing is a one-way conversion and, since I was messing with a complete gun, I couldn't really justify doing it.

At some point in the future I might order up another SD slide and then modify it to fit on the TM gun. At that point I can swap the sights across from the UNCo gun to the TM gun whenever I feel like it.

I just didn't want to do something to leave me with half a dead gun that I couldn't rebuild if I chose, unfortunately.

If you're capable of doing this then I can assure you that it's gonna be pretty easy to achieve though. ;)

No, they didn't.

TBH, I was recently offered a plastic Mk23 trade in a trade but I can't recall who with.

Anyway... I just had another look at this cos the memory was fading a bit.

I'm still pretty sure it could be done fairly easily with the following additional comments:-

- The screw for the rear sight is supposed to screw into the GBB cylinder assembly. You won't be able to do that any more so you'll need to figure out an alternative.

I'd suggest using a sliver of tin-can and making the rear sight a press fit and then, if required, cutting down a suitable screw and gluing it in place to look the part. I would cut down a different screw and keep hold of the original one in case you need it again.

- Although the NBB nozzle assembly fits into the KSC slide there's nothing to actually hold it in place there. It might be possible to drill a hole into it and secure it with the screw through the rear sight but I couldn't see a simple way of doing this.

Alternatives might be to drill a couple of tiny holes through the sides of the slide and then screw tiny grub-screws in to secure the NBB nozzle assembly or to simply glue it in place.

- The extractor arm on the KSC gun is fixed to the GBB cylinder assembly.

It isn't going to fit into the TM NBB nozzle assembly very easily. You're either going to have to grind it down so it's flat and then just glue it into the slide or make up a new one out of a suitable strip of metal/plastic.

Personally, I'd suggest knocking up a new part. Again, in case you ever want to fit the slide back into a KSC gun you won't want to be hacking up bits of the gun.

Beyond that, you have to file/grind away a couple of small sections of the slide rail, about 1.5cm long, at the front and back of the slide. This would be dead easy with a dremel and would also be invisible AND would not affect the operation of the KSC Mk23 if you ever fitted the slide on one.

All in all I reckon it's doable but there's a few things that are going to make the job trickier than it first seems.

Its one of those things where, if you decide to do it, you'll spend an hour wondering if it'd just be easier to have a slide made and then just brace yourself and start at it.

Archived