AK spetz RPK

Hellfire8

Please for the love of all that's holy, if you're advising on building an RPK check that you know what one looks like. A good start is to forget any yearning for a trumpet flash hider.

It's very viable to convert the spets to an RPK if I'm understanding you right, but you would need to replace the furniture, get a full new front end and longer inner barrel, replace the cylinder with a type 0 cylinder accordingly, etc. I'm sure in the end you would end up with an excellent RPK. I love mine when it works.

The hero-arms drums mags are excellent - I really recommend them. Avoid Top etc. If you're concerned about accuracy like me, also ensure you do not use a 74 flash hider for the rifle - the RPK74 uses 45 round magazines rather than the 75 drum mags which were available (but like gold dust) for the 47.

If you want any help give me a shout. I'm always happy to help someone else looking to get a nice RPK.

Cheers. :)

hes making a spetz RPK, using the frontend of the spetz - unconventional but differant, which is nice.

thanks marlowe, great advice,

i dont want the front furniture as i want it partly unique i wanna keep the short front end, if that make sense (the handguard/front of beta is smaller than normal AK right? so rpk furniture wouldnt fit, i would however like the RPK stock :)

also, the trumpet flash-hider could be nice, it'd be like a RPK but different if you understand my meaning?

Hey hellfire.

Having personally owned one of those drum mags, i can safely say it ROCKS!

The only thing with fitting it to the spet is that you gotta file down the mag catch on the mag about half a mil, and itl fit nicely and perfectly.

Feeds flawlessly, although a bit loud on the motor noise:)

Run down of parts in order of buying them.

RPK barrell with bipod, Hmmmm yummy :)

Inner tightbore (gotta buy a barrell so might aswell do tightbore)

btw, whats the best way of finding the right left for the inner barrell? might sound stupid but I havem y reasons for asking

Internals, Piston, metal bushings and a new hop unit (how expensive are these?)

other than that its the drum mag and a lone RPK stock if I can find it.

Ok, lets cut this down

Spetz = 15% of project,

RPK barrell and inner barrell and hop 35%

Internals, spring and bushings, prob a new piston aswell due to the exstended barrell 25%

rpk stock and drum mag 25%

got spetz today, fires fine, looks ok, few scratches, but 15% done :D

rpkspetz.jpg

Courtesy of Agentspencer. thanks

Do you have an ak47 front end then? as the picture shows?

I am guessing I attach it to the 14mm thread on my beta and it comes with the thread to attack? also does it have a thread for the flashhider, thanks.

your gonna have to take the spetz barrel out then replace it with the rpk barrel, it wont thread on the spetz as a barrel extension.

and yea it must have the thread for a flashhider.

-Mike

hmmm only thing with the pic (and its what I want) is that it has the barrell (above the barrell) if you understand me. which you get on the normal AK but not the spetz.

how do i do this?

Also, it WILL have a drum mag, but forgot to ask in the thread for the pic that it needed one.

Now thinking bout possibly getting some newer reinforced gears, the gun is old so the gear's prob been used a bit n worn down.

Although I know nothing bout Gearboxes or Reshiming,

it's either that or buying a new Gearbox, which i might do, got suggested a ICS V3 gearbox.

that would be the gas tube. on a spetz, its integrated with the front sight and you can't install an SRC barrel/bipod set with the front part of a spetz. heres a way to get the following parts cheap: bipod, long outer barrel, AK47 front sight, AK47 gas tube. Get the chinese clone SVD(47) and sell the gearbox, receiver, and plastic furniture.

Archived