It has started

Arnie

• 2 weeks later...

Metal Storm homepage

try this, Arnie...

this is better than the Terminator, times 1000000.

why 1,000,000. , you ask????

Metal Storm Videos - uber pwnage

I don't want this to get locked or get banned, so just ignore me if you don't "like" it, ok people?

:)

Danke Schön

"Working with soldiers and engineers at Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey, it took just six months and only about $2 million in development money to outfit a Talon with weapons, according to Quinn and Anthony Sebasto, a technology manager at Picatinny."

That means some soldiers'll get TaQtical with it's many, many rails.

When these fall into the wrong hands we will all be screwed....oh well. Another reason to invest in some EMP's. :D

I wonder how many/ what type of weapons they can put on these. Mini-guns? Grenade launchers? LAW's? I guess its pretty much only limited by how much ammo it can carry....

dudes... if you actually watched the videos...

the machine gun box-thing had 36 barrels that fired at, what seemed to be, the upper physical limit for rapid fire...

the 40mm grenade pod had 16 barrels that fired 64 in... a very short amount of time.

they also had un-manned mini choppers armed with grenade launchers and miniguns, they had mini tanks as well...

*grabs PS2 controller*

While it's all very cool and shiny there are some point's I'd like to make:

1.Daleks were far scarier

2.How exactly is this piece of kit any less prone to IEDs or suicide bombers? -based around the war the US appear to be fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran (coming soon!)

3. While the concept is sound, I can forsee numerous technical difficulties: The common or jungle LPFOS (Large Pit Full Of Spikes) which is available for a mere 2 hours work would be enough to ###### this little thing up.

Like wise the Tactical PSOTH (potato sack over the head) would impair the visual functions enough to ###### it up.

Basically- a thinking opponent just has to damage or confuse the robot enough to require that a reapir crew is despatched.....and then you are back to square 1 of man vs man.

all very good points, mate.

these technologies are still in development if you haven't read on their pages.

they won't be guarding the queen with that stuff just yet. Or throwing them into the jungle full of punjee traps or potato sacks, or whatever tactics foreign forces use today.

These are more like test-developments for remote controlled gun turret type things for defending strong points.

Riot control may benefit from the 16 barreled launcher, imagine such an amount of tear gas canisters raining down on whinging [insert stereotypes]

nothing - and I mean nothing can work alone.

the infantry and the Special forces field operatives depend on Intelligence, equipment, fuel, food, blah blah blah from their supporting units.

you and I like everybody else were once dependant on people called "parents". Most of us live off them for around 20 years, give or take.

I'm sure the developers of such technologies would never think of putting motion sensors on these bots... :no2:

:assassin:

Archived