Good SWAT vest

101matt1

This thread makes baby Jesus cry.

Learn what you are talking about and then come back. UTG, Infinity and other brands are not even decent replica gear. Good replica gear brands are Phantom, MilSpec, and possibly Proud. Learn what you are talking about and come back.

Oh no pouches included:rolleyes:

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/index.asp?Pa...WPROD&ProdID=75

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/index.asp?Pa...WPROD&ProdID=71

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/index.asp?Pa...WPROD&ProdID=72

Those vests above can be had for 70 USD in woodland camo. This is real gear. Need any more examples?

Affordable as in 130 range. Yes, I know. But then you need pouches. Plus I would not buy a real use vest, then buy a replica helmet. You either do everthing real, or everything replica. ;) See where I am going?

You wear replica helmets because they are lighter.

Same reason why you wear replica plates.

As for replica gear, if you live in the U.S. buying real gear at reasonable prices isn't that hard. Buying replica gear overseas and paying for shipping and not getting any warranty is a bad decision.

This thread is doomed. Not to be mean or anything but why don't you take a chill pill 101matt. As far as I can reckon you tend to make a lot of threads which run around in circles before desolving into pointless bickering either because,

A. you change your mind about what loadout you want

B. or your "loadout" does not at all resemble the unit or look you say you are trying to impersonate

Why don't you just get out there and skirmish with what you've got. Have some fun for pete's sake and don't sweat the details.

Today I took part in an awesome skirmish that lasted most of the day. My gear list was...

1 belt mounted triple M4 mag pouch, U.S woodland camo pants, OD cut off shirt, OD bandana, black combat boots.

That's it. Did I have fun? Heck yeah. Probably $40-45 of gear there, with $20 of that being the boots.

Also real gear is not expensive if you shop smart.

For $110 US I purchased

x1 SDS MOLLE I-RACK

x2 Specter MOLLE leg rigs

x3 specter MOLLE double M4 shingles

Just an example of shoping around and buying used.

Again, I don't mean to jump on you, just trying to give some advice.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Please, none of that...  <_<

Let's not turn this into another "Oh noes! Blackhawk is teh suxx0rz!" thread...

I used to own a UTG vest, and it worked perfectly fine for skirmishing.

Hey man, I was born in the country where Blackhawk is made. I have relatives who work in the sewing industry. I know how poor BHI's QC is. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Asian manufacturers, as long as the quality control is met, I'm satisfied.

I'm not one of "EVERTYTHING MADE IN THE USA IS THE BEST" guys.

Hell, Emdom pouches are made in Hong Kong, and Maxpedition is made in Taiwan.

I don't know why but a lot of airsofters keep thinking BHI's stuff is good. There are a lot of other brands out there that make stuff with comparable prices.

Plus I have gone through many torn BHI pouches in my early days of airsofting.

Torn 2x pistol pouch

torn M4 double mag pouch

torn BHI utility pouch

Very loosely fitted SERPA

and I watched my friend's 40mm pouch tear

EDIT:

I take time and inspect the stitching and the excess fabric on BHI's pouches, and it's just not right.

If I recall Guarder makes a replica police vest, I'm not sure if it has plate intergration or not. However you could use something like a UTG tac vest over a balistic vest. That would probably fit most with your budget. Look on ebay for a balistic vest cover (ie. vest without plates) by Point Blank or similar (I used a Point Blank concealable balistic vest when I was involved with Police Explorers). Then put magazines or cardboard or something in to replicate plates. Then stick a crossdraw vest on over that. Seems to me that kind of deal would look far better for a SWAT look than a MOLLE PC.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Ok, sorry about the really short first post. I was on my PSP, typing sux.

I DO want a black vest. I would prefer a tactical vest. I would like a authintic one, with no plates. I also need pouch reccomendations. I am now open to Ebay options, we are getting a Ebay profile. Thanks for all of your help, and I will be needing recommendations on:

Tactical vest

pouches

replica helmet

holster

gloves

Ive got the BDU's covered. I want manuverability for the most part. I was thinking some sort of Blackhawk Tactical vest. And maybe a CQC holster. REMEMBER, IF YOU CAN FIND IT USED ON EBAY, I WOULD PREFER THAT UNLESS YOU FIND IT FOR A BETTER PRICE NEW.

Check out the Blackhawk CQR holsters. They are on closeout, so you can find one new for like $30. I would recomend MOLLE for a vest, because although I've never seen SWAT use it, it is much more practical than a real SWAT loadout for airsoft. Swat officers must use many more tools than airsofters ever would (mace, tear gas, gas mask, cuffs), therefore, the pouches on their vests are set up accordingly. It is very rare that an officer will ever have to reload, so most vests have few mag pouches. If you go with molle, you can set it up however you want.

This is molle, and it is more like what SWAT might use:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.as...duct_id=2829&d=

I'm sure you can find cheaper ones just like it.

I don't recomend a crossdraw because it's a very bad place to put a pistol, and when you get a thigh or hip holster, then you have an unused holster on the vest. Get one like that but with mag pouches all around so that you can put your pistol in a mag pouch which works just as well until you get a decent leg holster.

I don't recomend a crossdraw because it's a very bad place to put a pistol, and when you get a thigh or hip holster, then you have an unused holster on the vest. Get one like that but with mag pouches all around so that you can put your pistol in a mag pouch which works just as well until you get a decent leg holster.

Yeah, ok. Actually, I might not be using a pistol since I play CQB and I have a MP5 which is perfect for CQB. :D I will keep an eye on ebay, and any other recommendations are more then welcomed!

Dude seriously most SWAT/SRT gear is private purchase... So basically whatevers natural to you is whats authentic. So why noy get something you like the looks of? Maybe just try a cheap vest first too see if you even like them and then spend more on a real vest.

If I did that, I would be going through more money anyway. Plus I doubt they would use Infinity Tactical stuff, huh? I will most likely get ^^^that vest I mentioned, and a MICH replica helmet.

Plus, if I was on a SWAT team, I wouldn't get anything less then Blackhawk, maybe better.

Also, why should I buy a replica vest, if I can get a real one for the same price, just slightly used? Good point though, might keep that in mind when shopping for a holster if I even do...

I don't know if any SWAT teams use blackhawk vests anyway. Blackhawk gear doesn't use Cordura nylon, its made cheaply in Vietnam, and it is often very heavy and stiff. Going from the pictures I've seen, they mostly use a snap and velcro system, and pouches are extremely hard to find.

Oh, and by the way, how exactly are you a geardo? <_<

Archived