The Action Aug RAS kit came in a pretty nice box. Every part was wrapped in bubble rap and are aluminum. All of the parts has very clean machining with no mold lines or flash with the exception of the main body part where it meets up with the top rail. It was nothing a few minutes with a hand file didn't solve.

Assembly was pretty easy and strait forward. The only part that gave me hassle was knocking out the pin that holds the sling mount on the front of the aug and then putting it into the kit's forward part. I may have been using an improper tool for the job as I was using an allen wrech key and a hammer. The only tools you really need for this are the allen keys that come with the kit a hand file just in case. Keep in mind this for the TM civ model only, not the military. It took me about 2 hours to fully install the kit in addition to a new tightbore barrel. I do not know if this will work with the CA brand of guns.

The original aug flash hider will not fit onto the new outer barrel that comes with this gun, if you try to screw the flash hider on too much it will come into contact with the inner barrel and twist it and the outer barrel as you screw it on. The kit is abit shorter than the normal but still uses the 509 mm inner barre length. My kit came with 21mm width rails... I not know if this is an issue with all of their kits or not. I plan to buy new scope mounts and file those down to fit this rail.

I have not skirmished with the gun yet but as a former aug(and now current again) user for over a year I can judge how it will do pretty well.

The front of this gun adds some weight to the front but not enough to discourage me from using it. In addition it balances out the gun very well. I also like the fact I have a nice front handguard to hold the gun with rather than the flimsy stock vertical folding grip that the augs come with.

Aside from the current problem I have with the 21 mm wide rails I would have no problem recommending this kit to anyone. The kit does cost 230, but I feel it was worth it. There is also a sniper version of this kit with a longer outer barrel, increasing the inner barrel length to about 590 mm.

tm%20aug%20pre%20a3.jpg

auga3%20kit.jpg

auga3.jpg

auga3%20fake%20scope.jpg

Like the man says, he's got no way of knowing what other kits have got.

I can't imagine why they'd make the kit with 21mm rails when the standard is 20mm. Is RAS different from RIS and move from 20mm to 21mm? I don't think so, what would be the point?

Anyway, even if it did, the rails are just bolt-ons, like every RAS/RIS rail and could be replaced if necessary. Or whatever you fit to them could be adapted to fit a wider rail.

Yea I'll see if I can find the sheet and scan it.

I'm not 100% sure if all the rails are 21mm as I mentioned. I don't have the tool at my house(I measured it at a friends) for measuring them to that scale. But, the scope rings I use on my g3 officer worked just fine on the TM aug Civ rail, but would not go onto the top rail from this kit.