Quitting Smoking

Eddie182

Might I make a suggestion? Go to the doctor and ask to be checked out for lung cancer. It is better to find out now (and its a damn good motive to stop) if you have it or not. My Grandma smoked for years, she died a few years ago (after we got her to stop smoking) lung and brain cancer caused by smoking. She would have lived if the FDA didn't delay the trials of the treatment they put her on. (and because of the delay it didn't meet the succress rate and hasn't gone back to testing yet, its why I hate the FDA)

I quit smoking almost 3 years now and i tried everything from Nicorette patches, to those ciggie tube things to gum. None of 'em worked (and i was smoking 200 a DAY no problem - 60 superkings and the rest from 3 50gram pouches of Golden Virginia)

How did i quit...

(and this is true... Gods gospel truth!)

Had a row with the missus, stormed out, calmed down, went to the shop and instead of buying tobacco or ciggies, got me a big bag of Skittles toffees! Everytime i wanted a cigarette i would eat 3 or 4 skittles and after 2 weeks i just wasn't bothered about the cigs. Also bear in mind that i had no willpower and it is much easier with someone who can help you at home. In my case it was my wife.

My two new years resolutions for this year were (in no personal order of importance) to get fit again, and to give up smoking. And I've STILL got eight 50gram packs of GV in the flat!

Part one is on the way - just bought a push bike, and bugger me, I'd forgotten just how painful those seats are! part two will logically follow on from part one - I damn near threw up cycling the damn thing home from Croydon on Saturday (that's what, eight miles to Bromley?). Methinks both are well overdue, anyhow.

Ask me in a year how I'm doing on both fronts ;)

I started smoking when I was 12 or so, I just liked it, never smoked outside my house (Nor when my parents where there!), One day I just said 'why the hell am I smoking?' and I just quit, maybe when I got the idea of just not smoking anymore settled my mind. Never Smoked again. First off you should try giving away your ciggarettes or selling them to a friend who smokes for a cheap price. Hope this helps a bit. Getting rid of all your cigarettes is the 2nd step after deciding to quit.

BTW I gave my cigarettes to a neighbour who smoked, about 10 packs of 16, it's not easy and I still ask myself why didn't I sell them to him!?

Good decition Eddie! Quitting smoking is great.

Good Luck!

Archived