2v2 tactics

Springsniperguy

Hey, i play 2v2 airsoft with 3 other friends, 2 of them have rifles, one is getting one (but only has 2 gas pistols for now). What are some good tactics to use? i know that:

sticking together is never a bad idea

-and-

standard flanking procedures, ambush (as in one of us draws an enemy closer while another one hides and springs the trap - it's hard to have just out of nowhere ambushes in my woods, but it would be nice to have that knowledge :D

i just feel like we're simply running around rather than going out and owning them with strategy.

sticking together is never a bad idea

Sometimes it is, especially when somebody has an AEG (I assume that's what you meant by "rifle") and a bead on you. The guy could just spray and get you both out before you knew what hit you. Try keeping some distance between you and your teammate, you can still move together. usually a good 10 feet is a rule of thumb when it comes to spacing. Try not moving at the same time, that way if your teammate gets detected and fired at, you will have a good idea where the guy who fired at him is and he wont know where you are. Taking turns moving is a good strategy with such a small team. Just a few tips I have used when people decide not to show up for a skirmish and your left with not too many people to play with.

Hey Springsniperguy, I know you! As for tactics, in your woods, use the rock outcroppings to move silently and ambush the enemy. This works very well when your team mate distracts the enemy with some light suppressing fire. In fact, I did this while on your team once. I guess you didn't notice. :D

When you ambush two people at once, try to position yourself so that both targets are in one line (one in back of the other). This is called enfilading fire and is useful because both targets pretty much are already lined up in your sights and if you miss one lengthwise, you have a good chance of hitting the other. I hope that description makes sense.

jeez, my partner has this stuff down! we should go over these sometime. maybe in french. we don't learn much in that class anyway. i'm gonna have enough money for the paratrooper by like the 16th or 18th btw.

any other suggestions that are unmentioned would be great! there's never enough tactics to know and use.

your a small 2 man team so make the most of what youve got. if u get bumped (attacked) hit the deck or find cover asap. Then using your automatic capability and ammo, return fire whilst your team mate pulls back, once he is in position, he should let u know with a 'move'. He then returns copius amounts of fire whilst you pull back.

Repeat this firing and manovering process until u either win the fire fight or have reach saftey. Equally you could advance if you have the upper had instead of with drawing, same tactics apply. :)

In my oppinion,

It is always best to eliminate the possibility of getting group banged. In past 2v2 training matches (more along the lines of 2v2v2v2v2) I've always found it best to posistion a man on a hill or at best vantage point, usually this teammate will be carrying a DMR so he will be able to get a good shot in whilst I prowl within range of him. This way we are able to see each other at all times yet he is able to give me the heads up and provide cover fire, and distracting fire whilst I move in to flank or attack.

Hope this helps

Trigger

Archived