Can someone help me with a TV tuner

0nslaught

hi guys,

im looking forward to buying a playstation 3 next year and i want this in my room. the bad thing is i dont have a tv in my room and my mom and dad wont let me move one inside. i do have a 1337 machine though, so i was wondering if any of you guys could point me in the right direction for a good tv tuner that lets me watch tv on my computer and play ps3 on my moniter. i found one good one but im not sure if its compatible with my operating system and it doesnt plug in via pci, its an external one so i would have to switch speaker and moniter plugs everything i switch from PC and tv mode.

so im pretty much looking for a tv tuner that follows these guidelines:

is compatible with windows XP x64 edition

able to watch tv in good picture quality

able to use a ps3 or ps2 on the tuner and play from my moniter

good quality, maybe like 720p

thanks in advance, +1 to whoever can help me

I use a hauppauge, it's german I assume. It comes with good software to edit the tv and a place to get listings. I used to use it all the time, but not so much anymore, the site that has the listings is messed up, puts them 3 hours before they are listed...makes it a pain in the *albatross* (little thing, yeah, but a pain). It's great though when I want to use it, just don't have the time anymore. Literally I used to record tons of TV at night and watch it later. It's the best in the summer since now that schools back in session i don't need any more distractions.

Sorry to sound like an *albatross* here, but why dont' you just go down to your local electronics retailer and ask them? Bestbuy has the geeksquad. You can probably call up a national hotline thing for them and ask for a card that meets your specs. Might cost you a little bit (if its not a toll free number), but if any retailer will know, it will be them.

Sorry to sound like an *albatross* here, but why dont' you just go down to your local electronics retailer and ask them? Bestbuy has the geeksquad. You can probably call up a national hotline thing for them and ask for a card that meets your specs. Might cost you a little bit (if its not a toll free number), but if any retailer will know, it will be them.

hm, ya sure i geuss ill try that later. thanks

Archived