AEP questions

Donut

I know there are other threads on AEP's but I don't want to hijack them. I've got some questions before I decide on the project.

1st, does anyone know how to convert the AEP connectors to the standard tamaya connectors? or is there a guide to do it?

2nd, where can I find AEP upgrade parts, preferably in the states.

3rd, do you think an AK tightbore would work with the AEP internals? is the cylinder big enough? If not, then are there any ways to make it work?

Thanks a lot.

1st, does anyone know how to convert the AEP connectors to the standard tamaya connectors? or is there a guide to do it?

The MP7 can. And so can the other HERE

Only MP7 parts available in the states. At poweredge usa. www.airsoftnw.com will special order them for you at a 5% knock up, but it beats shipping and customs.

3rd, do you think an AK tightbore would work with the AEP internals? is the cylinder big enough? If not, then are there any ways to make it work?

You are going to have a lot of problems. The MP7 gearbox probably can, but the G18C and M93R are going to ahve a lot of problems. You would have to overhaul the entire gearbox.

P.S. I would not buy a AEP right now. TM has pushed the release date back for all of their AEPs. Rumor has it they are goingo to revamp the gearbox giving higher fps, better range, and more accuracy. This should appear in their MAC 10, TMP, Skorpian, USP, and M92f.

The MP7 can. And so can the other HERE

Only MP7 parts available in the states. At poweredge usa.  www.airsoftnw.com will special order them for you at a 5% knock up, but it beats shipping and customs.

You are going to have a lot of problems. The MP7 gearbox probably can, but the G18C and M93R are going to ahve a lot of problems. You would have to overhaul the entire gearbox.

P.S. I would not buy a AEP right now. TM has pushed the release date back for all of their AEPs. Rumor has it they are goingo to revamp the gearbox giving higher fps, better range, and more accuracy. This should appear in their MAC 10, TMP, Skorpian, USP, and M92f.

Well, thanks but that doesn't really help me <_< I know it can take mini batt's but how?

I can't afford the MP7 right now nor do I really want to, I was planning to use China clone AEP's.

Revamped internals? Haven't heard anything about that.

Just make sure you get the CYMA version and not the Jieke pistol that is being sold as "CYMA Compatable". It's not! It's inferior and there are major safety issues regarding their battery packs.

The CYMA CM.030 is really a nice pistol. It is compatable to the TM version and there are several up-grades for it (hi-cap mags, rail system that also allows the use of a silencer, tigh bore barrels and spring systems).

I've had nothing but good luck with mine and have put several thousands of shots through them without a single problem.

At $70.00 it's pretty hard to beat!

Archived