Compressing springs

darkchild130

Say i put a couple of washers in behind my spring to compress it slightly, would this have any effect to the FPS at all?

If so, im assuming this would also reduce the ROF slightly and reduce the amount of shots i would get with each battery charge but id like someone a bit more technically minded to clarify things for me.

Darkchild

Indeed it would.

A while ago I found a bunch of plastic washers whih are supposed to be for use with electrical thingamabobs but they're identical to the nylon washers found on TM spring guides.

They do come in handy for tweaking a gun if it's still shooting a bit low after having an M100 spring fitted or something. A couple of washers will give you 5-10fps

You can use a small amount of washers to fine tune the weapon. And it works in reverse too, if you replace the bearing of a piston head with a single washer you can knock off about 20 unwanted fps.

Using too many washers may cause the spring to become coilbound and at that point the damage will be severe.

-Sale

Fitting a bearing spring guide will do the same thing I belive!

The bearing adds about the width of 3 good sized washers plus it lets the spring rotate a little when it compresses.

But you probably knew all that already.......

Sam

Archived