G'day to you all...

BritanniaWD

Hello everyone ^_^ - If you don't mind, I am just going to quickly post about myself and how I came to know Airsoft...

Since around last summer, I have been thinking about joining these here forums.

ArniesAirsoft have always helped me out with problems I have had, buying the right gun and generally helping me around the world of Airsoft.

Back in late 2005, after I have received some money from a recent web site design, I thought about what I may spend it on. My Xmod RC car was fully pimped out; my computer was already bursting with programs; and I'd got bored of computer games.

Enter Airsoft. Well, maybe not totally Airsoft, but close enough.

After a bit of debating with Mum and Dad, I payed £30 to Airwarzone for a a Sportsmarketing G10 (black, standard with no extras). It was close enough to my birthday for me to wait, so I did. Damn those few days felt like a long time. My birthday came, and I opened up the G10... "Holy cow, this is good."

There it lay before me, sitting in all it's black painted metal glory. I wasted no time after a quick snack to take it outside and have a go. My dad owned a pump-shotgun and 44 Magnum, back in the 80's before the strict gun laws came in to play. He used to fire his 44 at the local gun club, so knows almost everything about gun safety. Thus, I learnt fast, and was soon ready to fire my shiny new pistol.

Locked back the slide, opened up the front and loaded 3 gold .177 BB's down the top part of the magazine. Pushed the slider back in, and put it straight into safety. I'll never forget the moment I breathed out, took it out of safety and... damn... push... PUSH!... BANG!. Yes, the trigger is a pain to pull. Still, it felt very very good.

Now, I carried on firing my gun anytime the weather was right until around the same time last year. The whole, loading one lead pellet (I had swapped onto lead by this time, for cheapness), cocking it and sometimes (even though I've aimed perfectly) not hitting the target (G10's are training pistols, not real combat weapon).

Time to move up a level.

I had recently gone up to Hereford to our friends at Surplus & Adventure, to purchase a load of tactical clothing (boots, jacket, pants, balaclava, etc.), and was just casually looking around the gun display. Out the corner of my eye I spotted possibly thee most beautiful firearm ever - A Desert Eagle. In chrome, no less.

Upon asking for it to be shown to me, they trusted me enough to load a bit of gas in the mag, and let me dry-fire it. At the time, I didn't know about TM. I didn't know about their Deagle. I didn't know the name for their Deagle. I was holding in my hands, one of the hardest kicking Airsoft pistols in history. The TM Desert Eagle .50AE Hardkick Chrome edition. Click. BANG! BANG! BANG!

That was it - I just had to have one.

Did a bit of research on Airsoft, and found this amazing site with user reviews and loads of pictures. That site, was ArniesAirsoft.

Found loads of GBB's, but none quite matched the style of the Deagle. G17 and G26 were too... too... stock. Bearetta was to... spiky, if I may say. So I was left with the Deagle. (Oh, and to those who own the Glock's and Beretta's, no offence is meant. Your guns are truly great, just not for me :D)

The review by R22Master looked pretty damn convincing. Found another web design and heypresto - Wolf Armouries were sending my a Deagle with spare mag, 3 gas cans and 3 bottles of BB's. Christmas came, and I received my Dealge. I opened the box with my eye's closed. Then opened them very slowly...

There it was. Shining with all the colours of the rainbow in the Christmas lights. Beauty in a gun. Perfection.

Lifting the gun, and just holding it in awe, I could see why all you Arnie Members are so mad about these things. The size. The weight. The realism. Perfect.

Loaded the mags, loaded the BB's, put up some targets and I was ready to go. Slammed in a mag, pulled back the slide, and let fly back, making a very wholesome 'Cu-chunk'.

Aimed and prepared for my mind to be transported back to the little shop in Hereford. KA-POW! I knew what was coming, yet it still felt just as good. Checked target, adjusted the hop-up ad fired again. A few more times and hop-up was perfect. Since then, I have fired my Deagle around 750 times.

So, that is how far I have got. One trainer and one GBB. So, that is why I am here. TO learn about this great sport, have fun with you guys and just enjoy Airsoft as it was meant to be enjoyed.

Secondly, I would like to thank all the people who posted their reviews on the Deagle to help me get it.

Would you please consider that I maybe a newb here, but have over 2000 (only 1100 that are actually counted, as some sections don't have post count for posting) posts on another forum, as well as being a part of a few other forums, so if I get out of hand, please say in whatever manner you prefer. My hand getting slapped will not upset me like other newbs.

Also, if you would please consider I am young, have never been in any Airsoft fights, and would like to become a good, kind and helpful member here on the AA Forums and with anything related to Airsoft.

Here are a number of links that (if you don't mind), you can have a look at to see what I also do.

My account on the Metanet Forums

My area of the reecntly created MIT Forum, for the elite graphic designers of Metanet.

The awful forum I had an attempt at making. Diecast model car related.

A little bit about me:

Well, okay... If I really have to say.

I am BritanniaWD, aka King, Brit or BWD.

I am a 13 year old web and graphic designer from England, owning a small home grown web development company: Britannia Enterprises.

I also have credits towards many other ground-breaking side-jobs, including founding and owning both the mp3station (Metanet's own totally legal MP3 sharing library), and The Drone Factory (Metanet's custom N-styled drone request studio).

I also am part of the Signatures on demand team, were we make signatures and avatars for others; admin at the Metanet Image Team, the official forum for the elite graphic designers on Metanet to show their recent and best work and do image requests for others; owner and founder of the Diecast Showcase forum, for members to show-off their die-cast models; a leading member of the Dreamspace level pack team; and finally the graphics teacher of xdude.

Well, that seems to be me pretty much covered - if not, check out my page on the N Wiki :lol:

Thank you all for being so amazingly helpful, and I hope to see you again soon - King

P.S. I am looking to buy a TM MP7A1. Read the review, and it sounds good. Any idea's of where I could get one the cheapest? Redwolf do it in a great package, but I don't know if they could ship it to the UK. I will stand to be corrected. Thank you.

Well, could I ask a qeustion (sorry if this has been asked before, or I am missing something): does anyone know if I can import Airsfot from RedWolf safely to the UK?

They will ship to the uk fine and many on here use them.

BUT if you buy direct from a uk retailer you get the guarantee as they have to offer one by law, so you have better standing if anything goes wrong with it.

OR have a look round the classifieds, you can pick one up quite cheep if you look about.

Welcome to the forums

Sam

Archived