MK14 MOD0 Conversion Kit Barrel Length

tom lawson

hey all, i have a Tokyo Marui Socom, and i was wondering what inner barrel length was needed in order to make it compatible with the G&P EBR conversion kit...?

WGC told me that i needed a 470mm inner barrel, and Airsoft Global told me that i needed a 420inner barrel..

Please help!!

Also, any1 got 1/ got any installation tips?

Cheers, Tom

(+1 for useful answer....)

• 1 month later...

I have read that it needs a 470mm inner mate.

Anything much shorter will need some cellotape around it to stop it from wobbling inside the outer barrel.

The nearest to 470mm i believe is a G3 469mm barrel. It will need some pretty simple dremel work to fit it though as the m14 inner barrels have a slightly different rear end.

Cheers

Chris

• 4 months later...

The KM Head G3 barrel ( http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...ail?prodID=8580 ) is 469 mm, and is readily suitable for an M14 and regular AEG hop-up chamber. No dremeling, drop-in fit.

Another option is a PDI 450 mm barrel, but it is too short to reach the front bushing of the outer barrel, so you'll need to sellotape the front of the inner barrel to 11 mm outer diameter.

-Sale

Nope. Depends which kit you're making. Long outer or SOCOM length with Vortex flash hider?

Vortex flash hider short barrel uses the same barrel as the SOCOM you have now.

On the long barrel the inner finishes well short of the end anyway. So you can even use the longer barrel on the short set and it will not be longer than the flash hider. Instead of finishing just before the flash hider it comes through a little and can be seen through the twist cutouts. Painting the inner barrel black solves this.

So in essence it doesn't matter which barrel you use.

Archived