L42A1 enforcer

Bengali

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn44-e.htm

right, i want to turn one of my TM VSR's into this, basically i plan to make a new wood stock and heat shield, to make it look a bit more like the lee enfield,

has anyone made themselves a wooden stock, how hard was it, how did it turn out, what tools were involved, etc, etc, etc.

also, this lee enfield was made right up until 1985, anybody know how long, if at all, it stayed in service? so i know how modern i can make my loadout

I remember looking into this one, didn't get anywhere with it though as it was far beyong my technical skills.

It does look like the safety catch can be swapped over to the left hand side. Thats about as far as i got :P

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ic=50878&hl=L42

May be worth PMing "fugazi" though as he put some brilliant pictures in that thread, which have now wondered off the web with time. He showed an L42 in the same scale as a G spec.

cheers guys, glad to see that this isnt a project so messed up nobody has considered it before, while it was actually the enforcer i was looking to make rather than the military model, as i prefer the stock, but as im looking to do a legit loadout, i think ill change and take up LJ's project. i also hadnt realised the safety was on the left, thank you for bringing that to my attention.

the basic premise for this was, well, i want a No4, but i cant afford a custom job from shoot and scoot, so ill see what i can do with a VSR and some wood, and this seemed a tad easier to do. i shall be PMing fugazi shortly about the pics,

LJ, seems you are one of arnies resident Patriotic brits, and also the planner of the last L42 project, any suggestions for realistic loadout to match this gun when its finnished?

Great stuff, glad to see you've got more of an idea than i did :)

Loadout wise. Well the enforcer was used by the British police up untill the introduction of the L96, but thats not terribly practical as a loadout. However the L42A1 was used throughout the Falklands conflict by various units, including the special forces. So old style DPMs, 58 webbing, lots of scrim netting and camouflage cream. Or Ghillie suit, scrimmed up rifle and lots of cam cream/scrim. Theres a brilliant black and white picture of a royal marine sniper the night before the landings on the falklands, but i can't find it at the minute on the web. I'll scan it in when i get the chance.

I spoke to Fugazi earlier, but he's had a change of PCs apparently. The way he suggested to me of doing it was to find the lengths of both the L42 and the VSR and then scale them up to each other in photoshop (which i don't have, sadly.) If i remember right, some of the parts lined up in allmost exactly the right place.

It'll have to feed through VSR mags, not the 7.62 dummy mag, like on this No.4 :

dscf0202.jpg

I'd say that it would be better to make a new set of woodwork than to use bits of exisitng enfield woodwork as the stock screws into the reciever with a long bolt. The G spec however is made as one long piece of furniture - it would be better to copy that, but obviously to look more like an L42.

It's been a long time since i had a G spec and even longer since i held an L42, so i think thats all i can offer for advice. But let me know how this goes, i may give it another go if yours turns out well :)

Best of luck!

LJ

Archived