Dboys Mauser Kar98K Review and stripdown guide

chownsy

I have uploaded my review and stripdown/improvement guide of the Kar98 spring version.

i have now got goot range on this rifle. Accuracy is still a little off.

http://madmercsairsoft.co.uk/death/index.p...6&Itemid=81

Its located in the other weapons section of the review pages.

EDIT: who ever keeps rating my sections as low, please stop. I take offence from this as i check the reviews are done to a high standard. If you can do better, let me see it.

(URL changed)

Awesome review. I'm not aware of anyone who has done a take-down guide of this rifle. I'm sure that this will prove extremely useful to people in the future.

I'm interested to see if you can remedy some of the gun's inherent problems. It is a constant source of amazement to me that this gun hasn't been updated to fix these problems. If DBoys would only build the whole gun around a BAR-10/VSR-10 base and exclude the shell ejection component they'd have a real winner.

Top Notch!

Awesome review. I'm not aware of anyone who has done a take-down guide of this rifle. I'm sure that this will prove extremely useful to people in the future.

I'm interested to see if you can remedy some of the gun's inherent problems. It is a constant source of amazement to me that this gun hasn't been updated to fix these problems. If DBoys would only build the whole gun around a BAR-10/VSR-10 base and exclude the shell ejection component they'd have a real winner.

Top Notch!

Many thanks for the good comments

im going to be speaking to EdGI hopefully to see if i can get a 500mm barrel made for this to see if it will help the accuracy.

Also im going to chrono it soon and then see if i can up the spring power slightly to increase the fps.

Another thing im going to try and do is get consistancies between all the shells (which it seems to be now have after stripping, cleaning and replacing the O-rings)

i will be skirmishing this as a sniper rifle in my next game, if i get some kills then it will be an improvement to when i 1st got this 2 days ago where it would not put any shots into the same area at 10m let alone 30-40m

Richard

I dunno chownsy, :)

From someone who wrote a DBoyi's KAR98 review and supplied it here for the masses 2 years ago, I suppose my input would be.....

-Don't take yourself too seriously-

-Don't take offense to criticism-

-...and don't forget to spell check :P

Clearly your review is more in-depth than mine- For instance, I don't think I even had a chrono at the time I did mine. :rolleyes: However never lose sight of the fact that folks read reviews mostly to get to the 'good stuff'- The test results. Or the 'Should I buy this?' decision- a good review should be designed to help folks with that decision. A super in-depth instruction on how to completely take the weapon down to nuts and bolts while certainly valuable, well, loses half the audience rather quickly.

Well made photos always improve a good review (duh...) and Take-down guides are nice- provided you realize that more than half the readers will never disassemble their weapons to that point anyway. And honestly, as a 'teacher' or 'adviser' which is the role that the reviewer takes on, do you feel completely comfortable providing instructions to possibly trash a weapon if performed by an inexperienced user? At very least disclaimers would be advised ("Don't try this at home kids" lol)

Providing reviews to the masses through the worlds best Airsoft news, information, and fan site is still the best way to get your message out to help folks. Using your own bandwidth and website as your soapbox is also a fair way to go, nothing wrong with that at all- I'd say Snowman and his Just Pistols site is perhaps the best model for an independent review operation I've seen- He's a class act.

It's perfectly reasonable and logical to announce your reviews and review site in the Article Comments, Readers Review section here- honestly, that's what its for and hence the previous comment to that point. Promoting a review site in the news sections could put some potential readers off I'd say- and if your looking to promote this as a business, then I'd reckon you'd not want to turn any potential 'customers' away with a bad first impression yeah?

Just my .2 cents, Airsoft reviews are great- more are even better. Just remember that even if folks don't admit it, everybody has an internal 'pretentiousness' filter- and when it's triggered its kind of hard to recover from that impression.

All that said, thank you so much for the KAR98 guide- I am going to go back and see if I can use it to help my own spring version! Well done!

Slainte!

1) Please update your original website self promotion thread for your review updates. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=165300

2) Your reviews should go in the review section PERIOD. This 1 will be moved there as well as any others.

EDIT: who ever keeps rating my sections as low, please stop. I take offence from this as i check the reviews are done to a high standard. If you can do better, let me see it.

3) If you don't want any criticism of what you post, don't post in a publically accessible forum. People are welcome to rate your threads however they feel.

thank you marlowe for re-instating this post,

update to the accuracy of this, it seems that within 15m this is accurate enough for skirmishing, 15 - 25m its good enough to be skirmished, 25m - 40m it will be trial and error but a laugh to use.

ill skirmish this when i can and report back

:huh:

So this is where reviews go now? I'm kinda confused gentlemen....

I have a review of the new Army MEUs in Black and Stainless, reckon I'll post them up here then.

actually, on second thought, I'll post my review over in the review section where it belongs. :P

Slainte!

Your efforts are in my opinion somewhat hindered by the small pictures, try implementing this http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/

I remember the first time i checked your website this is what kept bugging me. Small pics, and as far as my eyes tell me, also a bad choice for colors. Kinda hard to read.

Chapeaux bas for the info though. Nice reviews.

All the best.

Your efforts are in my opinion somewhat hindered by the small pictures, try implementing this http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/

I remember the first time i checked your website this is what kept bugging me. Small pics, and as far as my eyes tell me, also a bad choice for colors. Kinda hard to read.

Chapeaux bas for the info though. Nice reviews.

All the best.

il look into that link thank you, I currently am only responsible for adding content, i have some friend that helps with the rest

also looking into a new scheme for the site to make it easier to read and use.

yeah, the uselessly small pictures significantly hamper the useability as a takedown guide :)

<edit>

and i'm pretty review threads go in "readers reviews" ( http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=40 )

what resolution are people using to veiw these pages on?

on my screeen of 1440x900 they are fairly big

I comprimised between big size which took ages to download and smaller to load faster, i will look into that picture pop out thing though

Richard

edit, and yes it was moved there but then got deleted by marlowe in some confusion and was undeleted and ended up back here

what resolution are people using to veiw these pages on?

on my screeen of 1440x900 they are fairly big

I comprimised between big size which took ages to download and smaller to load faster, i will look into that picture pop out thing though

Richard

edit, and yes it was moved there but then got deleted by marlowe in some confusion and was undeleted and ended up back here

3840x1200.

thats not the issue, the issue is that they're only 300x225, which is ****ing tiny even on a 1024x768 screen.

for review purposes 640x480 is good for in-page pics which link to 1024x768, or, if you're not going to link to pics, 800x600 is a good size.

Archived