Socom Gear 1911 "Novak next" limited edition

somegirls

Don't know about issues being sorted....problem with the Socom gear stuff still happens, just slightly later in their life...

It's pretty silly though to have all these re-traded WEs calling themselves as Novak or Wilson Combat or Knighthawk(I think thats the next one). 1911 is a pretty basic gun, so many people make it, and all that really seperates from one to the other is the sight, the trades, the grips and the controls. If you can't bother to make those right before you call them by their specific type, why really bother to go out of your way and get it licensed.....

My WE "Wilson Combat" has been through a ton of different owners and has been relatively problem free for me. The finish isn't exactly the greatest and it certainly wouldn't be able to compete with higher end pistols out of doors, but in a CQB environment it works the same as its TM, WA, etc counterparts.

If you're going to need a dedicated pistol then a WE is best avoided. If you're someone who pulls their pistol maybe once a game or just uses it for close-range stuff then a WE is fine. Overall, I'd say the SOCOM gear WEs are basically "meh."

Don't know about issues being sorted....problem with the Socom gear stuff still happens, just slightly later in their life...

It's pretty silly though to have all these re-traded WEs calling themselves as Novak or Wilson Combat or Knighthawk(I think thats the next one). 1911 is a pretty basic gun, so many people make it, and all that really seperates from one to the other is the sight, the trades, the grips and the controls. If you can't bother to make those right before you call them by their specific type, why really bother to go out of your way and get it licensed.....

Because they can sell more (You know, make more money) , and some people are not over complicating gun nerds and just like to look at neat markings and have a cool case. Personally, I like the look and wouldn't mind paying for it.

Because they can sell more (You know, make more money) , and some people are not over complicating gun nerds and just like to look at neat markings and have a cool case. Personally, I like the look and wouldn't mind paying for it.

If buyers are not a gun nerd than why would they bother spending $60 more bucks to buy this over the normal WE/Socom Gear MEU? for an extra bag? They simply won't care what its marked with. The money spent on acquiring all these licenses can just as well spent on making a more consistent and reliable GBB...and you'd probably spend less than paying all those brand for licensing....

People like to laugh at WA making so many 1911, but they at least bother making each relatively true to their unique features, not just making the same thing every time with just different marking on the slide....

You don't have to be gun nerd to like the markings and enjoy the cool case and threaded barrel. The fact that it says Novak is enough to convince the novice to spend an extra 50 bucks. That means if they put markings on the gun, then they can sell more.

I hope this is answers your question as to why there are markings on the gun that are not 100 percent accurate.

Archived