G&P Custom HK416C GBB or VFC version?

malthus101

Yo

This gun looks pretty sweet:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/other-gun/gas-blow-black-rifle/g-p-custom-hk416c-gbb-rifle.html

- Been looking for a 416, was going to go AEG but this caught my eye (mainly due to the cool new compact stock) - there is an AEG with this stock but maybe a GBB would be fun.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the VFC and the G&P custom? It uses Magpul mags, is that the only difference?

Thanks

Malthus101

hitmanNo2's right, but the differences are pretty profound. The original uses proprietary VFC internals (not good, judging by their catastrophic MP5s, and not compatible with aftermarket parts) whereas the G&P uses standard WOC internals, which are already pretty good and have a fully steel aftermarket for replacements should anything break. That's before you get to the magazines you can buy for WA-pattern guns like the G&P (e.g. ProWin V2s) which are much better and much more broadly available than the proprietary VFC ones; this gun appears to be supplied with the 'G&Pmag' which is second only to the ProWins in terms of general brilliance.

If you have the choice, I would strongly suggest the G&P - the WA is a proven system with a strong aftermarket and excellent choice in magazines. The VFC original is limited to VFC parts support and VFC magazines. Choice > no choice.

I have the G&P Custom HK416 and would not recommend it.  The ONLY G&P parts are carrier (same alloy from chally kits), negative pressure nozzle (solid nozzle) and recoil spring.  Also it is ONLY compatible with proprietary G&P PMAGs (not the normal ones, look on eHobby).  These mags don't work: ProWin's, not-custom G&P's, GHK, EB, etc.  The non-steel parts are the mag catch and that is it.  The firing pin assembly is steel as is the bold catch.  The are the problems I had with the G&P Custom:

1. Nozzle pushes too far into bucking causing it to push the just loaded bb out of the barrel.  Could trim the tip to fix.

2. Takes a great amount of force to lock back as the carrier is not cut short enough.

3. Doesn't take standard WA mags

I basically converted it back to VFC by sourcing the VFC recoil rod, steel carrier, and v3 nozzle from KIC and it is really nice.  The ROF dropped a bit after installation of steel carrier but it feeds great.  Have not yet fielded it so can't say for on field reliability yet.  However, all the internals are full steel (except nozzle) so I am not expecting anything to go wrong.  Looks like the 2012 version VFC's (M4 and HK416) are much better as are the mags.  No leaking problems yet and they feed very good through 10 mags or so.

Do not pay extra for G&P version as it is not even close to worth it.  If I could use all WA mags, then I would fix the above problems...

It appears that these are all done by hand so maybe I got a lemon, but the fact that it takes propritary WA mags sux. Of course I found that out after I bought it :(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Another thing - apart from the mag incompatibility issue (not really a problem for me - I will probably have 2 PMAGs and that will be enough)
 and the price difference - only about $80 difference on eHobby, is the G&P good? I hear people loving it or hating it but not much in between.

Has anyone else had this nozzle problem that L2E described?

Thanks.

Archived