Suitable sling for AICS

Matthais_31

Hi gang,

After a suitable, high quality sling for my AICS, as with town assault coming up I dont really want to be lugging it around for 24 hours! So - any ideas? Not going to lie; im not sling expert, so dont really know what im looking for, any input welcome :)

Cheers

Matthais_31

You could try a Biathlon sling if you do a lot of tabbing with it.

http://www.sportingservices.co.uk/accessories.asp

1/4 down the page thinking of getting the £45 one myself.

sling2.jpg

HOLY F-!

the prices of those things!

there's 1 main concern for those slings, sure it'll be comfy and holds it secure enough so it wont be swinging everywhere. but wont it pivot around? i mean i'm a walt, so im no commando or whatever. i like my comfort. and i intend to get comfort if im paying 45quids for a sling. wont the rifle pivot around and swing around like an open door on a windy day? i dont quite fancy getting bruises from my scope if i'm running with it hitting my back :(

look near the bottom, those 1piece scope mounts by accushot. i've used that on my vsr, never really needed to re-zero it. made with the same material as the AI's mount apparently, but i'm sure it's something not as high grade, but i believe it's to be aircraft metal of some sort.

got it for 20quids. new. but it's a dovetail though. suited me fine as my laylax cutout rail is a dovetail :P maybe accushot/leapers do a walt rail version now but im not sure.

I presume the lower part of the shoulder straps (not shown in picture) go under the arms and down to the lower portion of the rifle. If it's a real biathlon sling it will not allow the gun to swing around or injure you.

it is too expensive IMO.

TDS is right; get one with a buckle that unclips in the middle. I use one like that. it means if the rifle is slung and i am crawling, the gun is easy to dismount and bring to a shooting position, without anywhere near the same amount of movement.

Good Hunting ;)

personaly i use a cheap version of that sling on the top right of that 'sporting services' site which i got from from firesupport. as far as quality goes, its strong enough and does the job, but nothing more, its a simple, no fancy buisness sling that does what its supposed to do.

one problem i have with the sling, is that with the way i have it lengethend atm, it fits quite tightly when i have my gun diagonly over my back, thus its hard to take off without a bit of effort. On the upside though, ive set up the length to be perfect for me to just sling the gun over my right shoulder (holding the front of the sling with my left hand) and draw my pistol and aim/shoot without any problems, i can even run with it like this withourt problems.

Also, with a normal type sling unlike a biathlon sling, you can place your left arm between the sling and the gun, and wrap your arm once around the sling and then hold the gun normal. as long as the area of the sling between your arm and the front sling ring is tentioned and not slack, itll give you a steadier hold on the gun when your firing from an unsupported position (like when kneeling/standing).

Bushman any chance you could name a brand or supplier of these slings that unclip in the middle that you mentioned?

I would love one rather then having to take the damn thing off every time, infact its got so annoying I dont put a sling on at all currently which makes for interesting attempts at a charge with my two pistols :P

Archived