Which H-hop nub?

GuzziHero

I had a hard time finding this as well.

If I understand correctly, the white is for longer barrel, higher velocity applications.

The black is for shorter barrel, lower velocity type.

So what if you have a short barrel, high velocity? Don't know, but I would love to though. I would assume you'd go with black based on the 1J. Sorry, I can't link the topic as I'm having a hard time finding it again. I know I wasn't able to use "h-nub" or "big out" as it was something similar, but different enough to cause confusion.

Hannibal

I'm using black in both my AEGs.

First is TM Steyr AUG with Prometheus TB, spring above this forum limit, stock HU unit, Guarder soft bucking. Works very good with 0.28g BBs. With black piece my hop is set almost to zero and the flight trajectory is very good. With white one I need to adjust HU unit to almost max. setting.

Second is TM P90 with Systema TB, around 1J spring, stock HU unit, Guarder soft bucking. I use black one as with white one I couldn't achieve good flight trajectory with 0,25g BBs.

Web translator and copied here:

As for H-hop, exchanging the holding down rubber of Tokyo マルイ make hop gasket, to H-hop, it is the commodity which was developed in order straight advancing characteristic of the BB bullet to improve. Being sufficiently to show efficiency even with the present pop, it does, but from the voice which desires the trajectory which has stability had been audible to be many. Then, Big-out, with respect to job being able to exchange easily, had an eye on the hop system which has the effect. If it is the customer who is experience such as barrel installation, in order to be able to make the installation simple, it commercialized. When installing, we recommend exchange to the brand-new Tokyo マルイ make hop gasket.

As for H-hop 2 types of white black have entered. Why whether they are 2 types as for that in the electromotive cancer/gun, length of the barrel and power of discharge are different respectively from Kurz to PSG-1. Therefore it could not squeeze to one product. As a correspondence to needs of the customer, as for black standard type, as for white you think the long barrel (above 363mm) and as the electromotive cancer/gun direction which is power above 90m/sec of initial velocity. But because it has judged from experience of the production person, either one is good securely with adjustment of the hop, the customer being yourself, replacing white black, you can choose the one whose condition is good when, it can actualize, when more ideal trajectory, it is convinced. One time please try. Price 1050 Yen including tax mail order price 945 Yen including tax

The black one for regular guns; the white one for long inner-barrels/high-powered guns.

My H Hop is on the way. Any recommendations on which to use on my AK Beta (229mm barrel) shooting a little under 1J and on a stock full length AK (455mm)? I'm hoping I can put both of the nubs to use but I have a feeling that I'll need two black ones.

I don't really see how much barrel length would have an effect on this, I think it's more stuff lost in the translation and it's more directly related to power or BB weights. Why would a two guns shooting at stock power but the one with the longer barrel need a less effective hop up (basically what the white one is since it's .75mm smaller)? I could see a gun shooting faster would need a less effective hop up because the increased bb speed would cause a faster backspin when hitting the hopup.

Thanks guys, I figured the white wasn't going to be much use. Of course I'll still test it out when it gets here. Anybody with a high FPS gun want to trade me if I can't use it for a black one :D

- sorry - whats an H nub and who makes it?

cheers

It is an H shaped hopup nub that is suppose to put a more consistent spin on your BBs.

Here it is at wgc, I've also seen them at Power Edge in the States.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...Big-Out%20Parts

For more info on how it works see this picture here about madbull's "fishbone" nub, which is a similar concept:

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/doc/MadBull%...%20bucking2.jpg

Archived